The Student Room Group
Original post by mqb2766
Problem Summary
New line disappearing (with urls)
Problem Details
When Editing or View Source the new line before an url disappears. So
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7423315&p=99444687&page=3#post99444687
was originally two lines (text and url) after posting and editing or even just viewing the source before posting the new line disappears and the text buttresses the url.
Seems (too) easy to replicate.

Device
Desktop
Browser
Chrome
Link

Additional Information

Hi. Thanks for letting us know. This was one of the bugs we were aware of when we added the editor functionality. Sorry that you have run into it. I will add a note to the bug and ask if we can prioritise the fix since we know its affecting users.
Reply 2
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Hi. Thanks for letting us know. This was one of the bugs we were aware of when we added the editor functionality. Sorry that you have run into it. I will add a note to the bug and ask if we can prioritise the fix since we know its affecting users.

I didnt receive a notification for this reply and looking at the thread, the button says "Watch", so I presume that even though Ive created the thread and you quoted the post, Im not really subscribed to it? Is this something to do with how the OP is created?
Original post by mqb2766
I didnt receive a notification for this reply and looking at the thread, the button says "Watch", so I presume that even though Ive created the thread and you quoted the post, Im not really subscribed to it? Is this something to do with how the OP is created?

Well spotted, yes, its a problem with the form creating the post. It doesn't subscribe you automatically. We have a bug in to fix this too. Did you get a quote notification though? Its not ideal but it should at least send a quote notification.
Reply 4
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Well spotted, yes, its a problem with the form creating the post. It doesn't subscribe you automatically. We have a bug in to fix this too. Did you get a quote notification though? Its not ideal but it should at least send a quote notification.

No, there was no quote notification.
Original post by mqb2766

Ok thanks for letting me know. I will look into that too.
Original post by mqb2766

Hi. Just a quick update on the notification issues. We've made a change to the submission form so that users are watching the discussion they create in this forum when they report a problem. We've looked into why the quote notification wasn't sending and its not specific to this forum. We are still looking into the cause.
Original post by mqb2766
Problem Summary
New line disappearing (with urls)

Problem Details
When Editing or View Source the new line before an url disappears. So
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7423315&p=99444687&page=3#post99444687
was originally two lines (text and url) after posting and editing or even just viewing the source before posting the new line disappears and the text buttresses the url.

Seems (too) easy to replicate.

Device
Desktop

Browser
Chrome

Link

Additional Information

Hey! Just to give you an update, I'd expect this to be resolved now - could you let me know if it's working for you, please? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by RainbowLapras
Hey! Just to give you an update, I'd expect this to be resolved now - could you let me know if it's working for you, please? :smile:

Seems to be, thanks.