The Student Room Group

Getting into Uni with 96 UCAS points

My first and second choices are requiring ABB, BBC respectively.

If I go through clearing and I achieved 96 UCAS points can I get into any Computer Science degrees with those amount of points. Will any Universities accept those grades and will they accept me if I asked to do a foundation year.
Hi,
Unfortunately, this does depend on the university and/or the demand of the course at the time of applying.
As you suggested some universities will offer you a foundation year before your 3-4 years doing your BSC.
The best advice I can give is to contact universities themselves or head to as many open days as possible to speak to admissions departments and course leaders in person.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.
Reply 2
Are you doing any work towards your A levels - or have you just given up.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Are you doing any work towards your A levels - or have you just given up.

I have always been working towards at least ABB. Latest mock results have been ABB however doing past papers I have realised I may not get the grades I want/ need. So looking for alternatives incase things go wrong.
Reply 4
Original post by PG Study Chester
Hi,
Unfortunately, this does depend on the university and/or the demand of the course at the time of applying.
As you suggested some universities will offer you a foundation year before your 3-4 years doing your BSC.
The best advice I can give is to contact universities themselves or head to as many open days as possible to speak to admissions departments and course leaders in person.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student.

University doesn't really matter. Any University that is in the rankings and would accept me would be good enough
With a score of 96 UCAS points there are loads of universities that will accept you, especially if you go to their foundation year courses.
Reply 6
Original post by nathanCheetah
With a score of 96 UCAS points there are loads of universities that will accept you, especially if you go to their foundation year courses.

Would these foundation year courses have to be listen in clearing or do i call for computer science course at a university with lower requirements say BCC or CCC and then they put me on a foundation year
Original post by stefyalex24
Would these foundation year courses have to be listen in clearing or do i call for computer science course at a university with lower requirements say BCC or CCC and then they put me on a foundation year

You can apply through clearing, but sometimes calling them can make it better odds

Quick Reply