The Student Room Group

english literature edexcel igcse of mice and men predictions

hey has anyone got any idea which character or theme could come up for 'of mice and men' this on monday? and good luck to everyone!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ssairas
hey has anyone got any idea which character or theme could come up for 'of mice and men' this on monday?

Im betting on theme of isolation and character of lennie or slim
Original post by ssairas
hey has anyone got any idea which character or theme could come up for 'of mice and men' this on monday?

dreams and friendship have not come up in a while. george and lennie’s relationship maybe for characters? not sure though
Original post by baleila
Im betting on theme of isolation and character of lennie or slim

didn't lennie come up on november 2023?
Original post by ssairas
characters will probably be curley's wife, george, or slim. maybe curley or carlson (very unlikely though since he's a minor character and hasn't appeared ever on past papers)
Original post by lgqapdn34
didn't lennie come up on november 2023?

yes november 2023 was lennie and setting, may 2023 was slim and power and the jan 2023 papers were crooks and respect, curley’s wife and animals. so i don’t think any of those 4 characters or themes will come up.
Reply 6
Original post by user8173729
dreams and friendship have not come up in a while. george and lennie’s relationship maybe for characters? not sure though

yea i agree, they haven't asked about relationships and friendships, but they have asked about lennie recently... maybe they will ask about candy's relationship with the ranch workers or crooks' relationships?
Reply 7
Original post by lgqapdn34
characters will probably be curley's wife, george, or slim. maybe curley or carlson (very unlikely though since he's a minor character and hasn't appeared ever on past papers)

curley was asked quite recently, like within the last 2/3 years... they asked about how curley is presented as a character and they provided the quote; "Curley is like a bunch of little guys, he hates big guys"
Original post by baleila
curley was asked quite recently, like within the last 2/3 years... they asked about how curley is presented as a character and they provided the quote; "Curley is like a bunch of little guys, he hates big guys"

Omgg it was Curley and his wife. 😭 how did everyone find it?
I wasn't too big of a fan of 'how is death important'

I did death in survival of the fittest demonstrated with Candy's dog and Lennie, the death of the characters' dreams (George and Lennie's coinciding with Lennie's death), and the death that Lennie accidentally creates (the mice, the puppy and Curley's Wife) which Steinbeck uses as a symbol of the powers systemic in society which prevent the itinerant worker from escaping a repetitive and meaningless life
Original post by RumaisaAbdulla
Omgg it was Curley and his wife. 😭 how did everyone find it?

i chose the themes question insteaddd, dreams was honestly the theme i rly wanted, but the wording of the question threw me off smmm it was rly annoying but i think overall it was okay
Reply 11
i chose the themes question insteaddd, dreams was honestly the theme i rly wanted, but the wording of the question threw me off smmm it was rly annoying but i think overall it was okay

Wait wasn’t it just Curley? Did I write about the wrong thing 😭😭
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 12
Original post by l13nhnr

yea i also did curley... the death thing stumped me, i mean i know what to talk about but curley is so good to write about. I wrote about how he is presented as powerful, insecure and how steinbeck uses him to criticise the roles of women in the 1930s USA
Original post by l13nhnr

I think maybe you do the non-regional paper? cuz for the regional paper the questions were dreams and curley and his wife’s relationship but for the non-regional it was death and smth else
Reply 14
I think maybe you do the non-regional paper? cuz for the regional paper the questions were dreams and curley and his wife’s relationship but for the non-regional it was death and smth else

Ahh yeah I do the non regional one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending