The Student Room Group

I possibly wrote wrong exam paper tier

Hello guys, on friday the 10th I entered combined science gcse exam in college, I though that I'm doing foundation but I really pretended to my teacher that I want to do higher as my assessment grades was high enough. I'm not sure what tier I was supposed to do but on the register it was saying that I'm doing higher. I couldn't say that it was hard. I was to shy and nervous to ask during the exam, but now I'm more nervous and terrified, should I talk to my tutor? I don't want to lose literally two subjects that I really need for my A level. What consequences can I expect?
Reply 1
Original post by Liudmyla
Hello guys, on friday the 10th I entered combined science gcse exam in college, I though that I'm doing foundation but I really pretended to my teacher that I want to do higher as my assessment grades was high enough. I'm not sure what tier I was supposed to do but on the register it was saying that I'm doing higher. I couldn't say that it was hard. I was to shy and nervous to ask during the exam, but now I'm more nervous and terrified, should I talk to my tutor? I don't want to lose literally two subjects that I really need for my A level. What consequences can I expect?

so you told your teacher to put you in for higher, and you sat higher?
seems like no issue to me if you think it was not hard. However since you do combined i am pretty sure it means you have to do higher chem and higher physics but im not 100% sure on that.
Theres nothing you can change with the exam tier as the foundation paper was also sat. If you fail you can do november resit but it will affect your A levels
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply, I was really pretending the last two monts that I want higher as my assessments grades increased, she told that I should maybe rethink my choice and didnt gave me the actual answer so I though I got to foundation, than on the register for the combined science paper 1 before the exam I saw that I was higher. It was really easy for me especially the chemistry and physics questions, but I'm still bit of nervous that I might be sat a wrong tier despite that the teacher on the exam gave the higher tier in my hands.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Liudmyla
Thank you for your reply, I was really pretending the last two monts that I want higher as my assessments grades increased, she told that I should maybe rethink my choice and didnt gave me the actual answer so I though I got to foundation, than on the register for the combined science paper 1 before the exam I saw that I was higher. It was really easy for me especially the chemistry and physics questions, but I'm still bit of nervous that I might be sat a wrong tier despite that the teacher on the exam gave the higher tier in my hands.
To me it looks like you should have done Higher if you found it easy. I'm not too familiar how combined works as i do triple higher but dont worry about it. Focus on the rest of your GCSES and do the best you can
Reply 4
Original post by mk.mk1
To me it looks like you should have done Higher if you found it easy. I'm not too familiar how combined works as i do triple higher but dont worry about it. Focus on the rest of your GCSES and do the best you can

Thank you, good luck on your exams!
Reply 5
Original post by mk.mk1
so you told your teacher to put you in for higher, and you sat higher?
seems like no issue to me if you think it was not hard. However since you do combined i am pretty sure it means you have to do higher chem and higher physics but im not 100% sure on that.
Theres nothing you can change with the exam tier as the foundation paper was also sat. If you fail you can do november resit but it will affect your A levels

You can't resit Science in November

Quick Reply