The Student Room Group

what happens if you fail your gcses?

im currently starting my exams and im a failing foundation student and i stuggle with focusing and remembering things, i havent been taught for a long time because of personal issues which has resulted in me having around 50% attendance im almost certain i will fail does anyone know what happens? i know you can re take them at collage but how can i go to collage without having any grades? what happens if i dont get into any collages aswell? i live in quite a small area and there is only a few collages
Reply 1
Depends what subjects you fail, if you fail either maths or english then you'll have to retake them during college, however if you're passing other subjects like spanish, french, geography or other extra subjects at a grade 4 then youll be able to do BTEC such as health and social care, sports, media, criminology (because they dont require specific subjects in order to take them). But that depends entirely on the college you go to. So, check the entry requirements for the college your'e more likely to go to and see how many subjects you need to pass in order to be able to do a BTEC, hope that helps if you need any more questions to be answered just ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nnajlaa
Depends what subjects you fail, if you fail either maths or english then you'll have to retake them during college, however if you're passing other subjects like spanish, french, geography or other extra subjects at a grade 4 then youll be able to do BTEC such as health and social care, sports, media, criminology (because they dont require specific subjects in order to take them). But that depends entirely on the college you go to. So, check the entry requirements for the college your'e more likely to go to and see how many subjects you need to pass in order to be able to do a BTEC, hope that helps if you need any more questions to be answered just ask :smile:

thank you!
Original post by destxrose
im currently starting my exams and im a failing foundation student and i stuggle with focusing and remembering things, i havent been taught for a long time because of personal issues which has resulted in me having around 50% attendance im almost certain i will fail does anyone know what happens? i know you can re take them at collage but how can i go to collage without having any grades? what happens if i dont get into any collages aswell? i live in quite a small area and there is only a few collages

You redo them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending