The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Whats the Christian Union like?

As a student at Hope, members of staff have actively encouraged me to join the Christian Union.

I have some reservations. First, im Catholic, Second, im gay. So im uneasy about being discriminated against or having unwelcome comments made about my life. Also i've heard quite shocking things about other Christian Unions in and around Liverpool.

Anyone know what the Hope one is like? Is it inclusive?
Original post by blueknight2004
As a student at Hope, members of staff have actively encouraged me to join the Christian Union.
I have some reservations. First, im Catholic, Second, im gay. So im uneasy about being discriminated against or having unwelcome comments made about my life. Also i've heard quite shocking things about other Christian Unions in and around Liverpool.
Anyone know what the Hope one is like? Is it inclusive?

Hi! We, christians, do not discriminate others due to their sexual attraction preference! Jesus instructed us to love everybody. So, the short answer is yes, it is inclusive.
Liverpool
Visit website
Original post by asap.teoo
Hi! We, christians, do not discriminate others due to their sexual attraction preference! Jesus instructed us to love everybody. So, the short answer is yes, it is inclusive.

Thank You. That's reassuring. I've heard some pretty dire things about Christian Unions in Merseyside so I just wanted to be sure.
Original post by blueknight2004
Thank You. That's reassuring. I've heard some pretty dire things about Christian Unions in Merseyside so I just wanted to be sure.

No problem and I hope you find your experience great in Liverpool Hope if you'll join!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending