The Student Room Group

GCSE Photography or RE both AQA

For re is Christianity and Islam and photography do you need to draw which hate and is coursework which good on computer but don’t get the paper bit do I draw print photos mountain them anyone asap???
I am currently doing both.
RE is quite an easy GCSE to manage, most of the context is easy to understand, but it is all essay questions, 4 12 markers per paper as well as 4 and 5 markers and you do not get a lot of time in the exam.
On the other hand photography is a lot of work with coursework, you will have to do both digital and physical manipulations of photographs, and you can edit them in any way you wish, for example you can digitally draw on top, layer, cut out etc to make pieces. And you are required to do drawing, but you can quite literally make some really simple sketched as plans!
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
I am currently doing both.
RE is quite an easy GCSE to manage, most of the context is easy to understand, but it is all essay questions, 4 12 markers per paper as well as 4 and 5 markers and you do not get a lot of time in the exam.
On the other hand photography is a lot of work with coursework, you will have to do both digital and physical manipulations of photographs, and you can edit them in any way you wish, for example you can digitally draw on top, layer, cut out etc to make pieces. And you are required to do drawing, but you can quite literally make some really simple sketched as plans!

Actually you have to draw who said as the coursework apparently is fully computer idk about the other 50% paper examined idk what happens there can you explain do you do aqa for both my school do both aqa and Christianity and Islam for re which do you personally find easier and give reason why which is easier to get higher grade and is more manageable thanks???
Original post by Brianstudy01
Actually you have to draw who said as the coursework apparently is fully computer idk about the other 50% paper examined idk what happens there can you explain do you do aqa for both my school do both aqa and Christianity and Islam for re which do you personally find easier and give reason why which is easier to get higher grade and is more manageable thanks???

I'm on track to get 8/9 in both, but RE definitely has more people with higher grades, we do AQA and both Islam and Christianity.
For photography it is 60% coursework, which can be done both on computer and by hand (I personally recommend doing a mix of both for the best chances at top grades) and then 40% ESA which is done from February of the year you do GCSE, it's similar to coursework but just you are more able to focus on what you want. And 10% of the total grade is for your 10 hour exam.
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
I'm on track to get 8/9 in both, but RE definitely has more people with higher grades, we do AQA and both Islam and Christianity.
For photography it is 60% coursework, which can be done both on computer and by hand (I personally recommend doing a mix of both for the best chances at top grades) and then 40% ESA which is done from February of the year you do GCSE, it's similar to coursework but just you are more able to focus on what you want. And 10% of the total grade is for your 10 hour exam.

Which gcse is more easier and manageable with content heavy subjects
Original post by Brianstudy01
Which gcse is more easier and manageable with content heavy subjects

RE is definitely more manageable for me, I do like essay style writing which definitely helps
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
RE is definitely more manageable for me, I do like essay style writing which definitely helps

Do you think it is good with history business and both the English isn’t it too much burnout compare if do photography what do u think which is easier to get higher grade generally???
It really depends on your personal skill set, if you are better at essay writing go for RE but if you are more of a creative person then go for photography
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
It really depends on your personal skill set, if you are better at essay writing go for RE but if you are more of a creative person then go for photography
Which is more manageable like with these combos history,business,triple science or cs,business,triple science either photography or re
Original post by Brianstudy01
Which is more manageable like with these combos history,business,triple science or cs,business,triple science either photography or re

I would say don't do history unless you think you would want to do it at A-level/ uni (you can still pick it up later even if you don't do it for GCSE) as it is A LOT of work, and then photography or re you should decide based of what you think your skillset is
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
I would say don't do history unless you think you would want to do it at A-level/ uni (you can still pick it up later even if you don't do it for GCSE) as it is A LOT of work, and then photography or re you should decide based of what you think your skillset is

I’m saying if I do history I’m probs gonna find photography more manageable as it’s not essay so really depends man which you get better grades like mocks etc???
Original post by beeeeeeeeeela
I'm on track to get 8/9 in both, but RE definitely has more people with higher grades, we do AQA and both Islam and Christianity.
For photography it is 60% coursework, which can be done both on computer and by hand (I personally recommend doing a mix of both for the best chances at top grades) and then 40% ESA which is done from February of the year you do GCSE, it's similar to coursework but just you are more able to focus on what you want. And 10% of the total grade is for your 10 hour exam.

Do you have option to do on computer fully as I wanna do computer and what’s the 40% in aqa don’t understand how that’s assessed lmk asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending