The Student Room Group

I'm a 25 year old gay male Pakistani Muslim, I know I am gay I have accepted it but..

I'm a 25 year old gay male Pakistani Muslim, I know I am gay I have accepted it but my family can't and won't and neither will my fellow Muslim brothers at University, my muslim sisters can accept it and are accepting and tolerant...but the muslim brothers can't....even though I know of at least 5 Muslim brothers in my friend group who are closeted and regularly sleep with men in Birminghams gay village/and attend Birminghams Hurst Street where they hook up with men regularly.
Original post by Abdul_Malik_Bham
I'm a 25 year old gay male Pakistani Muslim, I know I am gay I have accepted it but my family can't and won't and neither will my fellow Muslim brothers at University, my muslim sisters can accept it and are accepting and tolerant...but the muslim brothers can't....even though I know of at least 5 Muslim brothers in my friend group who are closeted and regularly sleep with men in Birminghams gay village/and attend Birminghams Hurst Street where they hook up with men regularly.

May Allah guide you
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_2000
May Allah guide you

Ameen
Do your “friends” who don’t claim you follow every aspect of Islam? No. So they are the unreasonable ones.
Original post by Abdul_Malik_Bham

Doesn't make a difference what you identify as, people will always have different opinions and ideas about things - by trying to be accepted by everyone you're trying to reach an impossible goal, you can't change people themselves and that is the reality. They probably feel that way because you remind them of their own struggles with this (which is why they are closeted) and it probably isn't as personal as you may feel.

Quick Reply