The Student Room Group

romeo and juliet quotes

i havent started revising romeo and juliet and just wanna know how many quotes i need. id also appreciate any good videos or files with the good quotes.
thanks.
hi. so with the quotes thing i don't know what exam board you use, but i do aqa. personally, i don't know exactly how many quotes you'd need, but i'd aim to include 2 quotes at least per paragraph in an essay, so about 4 to a romeo and juliet essay. there are quite a few themes/characters, so I'd aim to learn 4 from each theme/character IF YOU CAN (I personally could not be bothered but like if you're an overachiever i guess??. But i guess since so many themes cross each other, you could get away with about 10 if you pick them correctly. saying that i did a mock and i only knew 3 quotes and i got full marks on referring to key moments, so as long as you include some quotes, and lots of quote analysis on the extract (IF YOU ARE DOING AQA I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER EXAM BOARDS) you should be fine mostly referring to key moments in a pinch. sorry if you aren't doing aqa cause then this is virtually useless. mr bruff is good on youtube for basic analysis stuff too.
Original post by sdfghjkkl
hi. so with the quotes thing i don't know what exam board you use, but i do aqa. personally, i don't know exactly how many quotes you'd need, but i'd aim to include 2 quotes at least per paragraph in an essay, so about 4 to a romeo and juliet essay. there are quite a few themes/characters, so I'd aim to learn 4 from each theme/character IF YOU CAN (I personally could not be bothered but like if you're an overachiever i guess??. But i guess since so many themes cross each other, you could get away with about 10 if you pick them correctly. saying that i did a mock and i only knew 3 quotes and i got full marks on referring to key moments, so as long as you include some quotes, and lots of quote analysis on the extract (IF YOU ARE DOING AQA I DON'T KNOW ABOUT OTHER EXAM BOARDS) you should be fine mostly referring to key moments in a pinch. sorry if you aren't doing aqa cause then this is virtually useless. mr bruff is good on youtube for basic analysis stuff too.

then again don't take my word for it I'm in the same boat as you on this one.
Reply 3
Original post by sdfghjkkl

thanks, that helps alot, yes im doing aqa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending