The Student Room Group

Dropping out

Nearly at the end of first year and I'm feeling like I want to drop out. Anyone else feel that way?
Reply 1
Why are you feeling this way? I think sometimes really weighing things up can help. List of reasons to stay Vs list of why you want to leave. Remember at this time of year you are mentally drained. My advice never make any big decisions based on emotions. Ride it out, take a rest and re-evaluate
Original post by RUBY2015
Nearly at the end of first year and I'm feeling like I want to drop out. Anyone else feel that way?

I would definitely suggest that you go and speak to someone about this situation at your university ( either your university course leaders or placement officer) as they are there for to support you with stuff like this.

You are probably doing a fan job so far as a student nurse but you came across a bad placement perhaps and it affecting you with whether you want to continue or not. I'm presuming you are doing a nursing degree.

I would definitely not drop out without speaking with your university course leaders first and see what they suggest for you...

I had have a few of my students thinking that way as well until I had a good talk with them about why they were thinking about dropping out of the course and then they changed their minds and went on to qualify as midwives.

A NHS registered midwife

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending