The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde mathematics?

Hi! I’ve got an offer for mathematics at dundee but have been rejected from strathclyde since i didn’t get an A at higher. I was just wondering if this would still be the case through clearing?
Original post by anonymous
Hi! I’ve got an offer for mathematics at dundee but have been rejected from strathclyde since i didn’t get an A at higher. I was just wondering if this would still be the case through clearing?

Strathclyde don’t tend to have many places available through clearing for Scottish students
(edited 2 months ago)
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Anonymous

Hey Anon! As above, we don't normally have vacancies in clearing for Scottish students I'm afraid.

Are you sitting your Higher/Adv Higher Maths this year? Which other grades have you achieved to date, and are you doing further study in S6?

While we don't tend to have vacancies through clearing - we do have an advice and guidance line on results day which you'd be very welcome to call if you'd like further guidance on your next steps. The number will be available on the homepage on SQA results day 📱You can also get in touch with the Maths department directly if you'd prefer ([email protected]) to chat to someone within the Maths admissions teams.

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply