The Student Room Group

Can i get into foundation year with just a Level 3 BTEC Certificate?

I was informed by a college that i could go into one with a btec but i didn’t specify what BTEC size i did, i only ended up doing one year of my extended certificate so i ended up with just a level 3 btec certificate in IT
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by zannyyi
I was informed by a college that i could go into one with a btec but i didn’t specify what BTEC size i did, i only ended up doing one year of my extended certificate so i ended up with just a level 3 btec certificate in IT

A BTEC Certificate is the equivalent (size-wise) of half an A level. Depending on the grade, it's worth between 8 and 28 UCAS points. I know of a few foundation years which say they'll accept 32 UCAS points, but I don't recall having seen any below that.

How come you "only ended up doing one year of my extended certificate"? What happened?

What grade did you get? (A better grade means more UCAS points.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
A BTEC Certificate is the equivalent (size-wise) of half an A level. Depending on the grade, it's worth between 8 and 28 UCAS points. I know of a few foundation years which say they'll accept 32 UCAS points, but I don't recall having seen any below that.
How come you "only ended up doing one year of my extended certificate"? What happened?
What grade did you get? (A better grade means more UCAS points.)
I didn’t pass most of my AS levels for the 2nd timeround and my college didnt progress me and i leftwith welshbacc pass , AS sociolgy with an E andLevel 3 BTEC IT certificate with a pass 2 marks off amerit.

Quick Reply