The Student Room Group

year 11 2024-2025 help!

hi
im sitting my english lit exam tmrw and im confident for it.
however, i have a question for yr 11 exams.
im going to sit:
rs
geography
french
maths
english language
triple science
-physics, chemistry &biology
yh think thats it
but im going to go through my resources for all these subjects in summer holidays and seing whts needed.
i was wondering on ways to make revsion notes so i can revise straight of before the exam mocks and actually exam time comes.
any advice will help.
Are you in year 10 or 11?
Reply 2
Original post by agent_duck343
Are you in year 10 or 11?

im yr 10
Original post by JF ZAK
im yr 10

Once you learn a topic in school, just come home and make notes on it. That's honestly the best way, use textook page, videos etc. Then when exam time comes just read over your notes and do exam questions :smile:
Original post by JF ZAK
hi
im going to sit:
rs
geography
french
maths
english language
triple science
yh think thats it
but im going to go through my resources for all these subjects in summer holidays and seing whts needed.
i was wondering on ways to make revsion notes so i can revise straight of before the exam mocks and actually exam time comes.
any advice will help.

Make revision notes both online and on paper if you can. Online means you can make mindmaps and include images, and also ensures your notes don’t get lost. I recommend Notability, however if you use Microsoft word a lot I would recommend Microsoft OneNote. Getting into the habit of making online notes will also help prepare you for A-Level where many schools use online note taking systems!

For on paper, I would include mindmaps, highlight key points in different colours making it clear which colour links to what.

Also phrase your notes as question and answer, as if you were making flashcards. This makes your notes easier to read when you come back to them.
Reply 5
what exam board are you?
Original post by jf zak
hi
im going to sit:
rs
geography
french
maths
english language
triple science
yh think thats it
any advice will help.

start making flashcards of the notes you make in class when you get home, and if you dont understand something make sure you make a note of it and ask your teacher if they can go over it with you they will appreciate it as they are there to help you!! however try to not overwhelm yourself too much yet, but doing extra revision here and there will really benefit you this time next year!!
1st class maths gives you the percentage of how many times topics have come up on the papers, it gives you resources for each topic
cognito is a really good website for science as it gives you exam questions and quizzes and is really helpful
PMT and quizlet are helpful for english as it gives you analysis for each themes and characters on whatever youre studying
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 7
Original post by rayzthered
Once you learn a topic in school, just come home and make notes on it. That's honestly the best way, use textook page, videos etc. Then when exam time comes just read over your notes and do exam questions :smile:

i do that for science
but other teacher arent as helpful so i cant actually make useful notes
Reply 8
Original post by kitty15
Make revision notes both online and on paper if you can. Online means you can make mindmaps and include images, and also ensures your notes don’t get lost. I recommend Notability, however if you use Microsoft word a lot I would recommend Microsoft OneNote. Getting into the habit of making online notes will also help prepare you for A-Level where many schools use online note taking systems!
For on paper, I would include mindmaps, highlight key points in different colours making it clear which colour links to what.
Also phrase your notes as question and answer, as if you were making flashcards. This makes your notes easier to read when you come back to them.

thanks that really helpful
i though of that too
hw would u make notes ofr maths though
Reply 9
Original post by MAAAS
what exam board are you?

aqa for english
but edexcel for everythin else
Reply 10
Original post by unmanageable-cog
start making flashcards of the notes you make in class when you get home, and if you dont understand something make sure you make a note of it and ask your teacher if they can go over it with you they will appreciate it as they are there to help you!! however try to not overwhelm yourself too much yet, but doing extra revision here and there will really benefit you this time next year!!
1st class maths gives you the percentage of how many times topics have come up on the papers, it gives you resources for each topic
cognito is a really good website for science as it gives you exam questions and quizzes and is really helpful
PMT and quizlet are helpful for english as it gives you analysis for each themes and characters on whatever youre studying

ok
thank u
im making flashcards from quizlet for my english lit gsce and it helpful
save my exams is dead useful esp the paid subscription
Reply 12
Original post by currygod
save my exams is dead useful esp the paid subscription

which do u recommend
and when like after yr 11 finished exams
my teacher recommend it aswell
Original post by JF ZAK
which do u recommend
and when like after yr 11 finished exams
my teacher recommend it aswell

i got it now during my gsces cause yearly subs is much cheaper than monthly or the other one and i shared the account w my close friend so its half the cost which makes it cheaper, get it now do u can revise for gsces as well as when ur done u can use it for a level revision
Reply 14
i got it now during my gsces cause yearly subs is much cheaper than monthly or the other one and i shared the account w my close friend so its half the cost which makes it cheaper, get it now do u can revise for gsces as well as when ur done u can use it for a level revision

but isnt it more expensive now cauze of people getting it for last minute revision
Original post by JF ZAK
hi
im going to sit:
rs
geography
french
maths
english language
triple science
yh think thats it
any advice will help.

Just a heads up - there are ais that can make notes for you. If you put in a youtube url they can make fast effective notes and they are actually good. Turbo learn Ai is what i use- though there is a limit for the free plan, there are other ais you can use
Original post by JF ZAK
but isnt it more expensive now cauze of people getting it for last minute revision

as far as i know its the same price
Reply 17
as far as i know its the same price

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest