The Student Room Group

What should I do for work experience URGENT!!!!!!!

I am torn between working at a nursery or an environmental group.
I have the skills for both but I’m not sure which will benefit me in the long run (ie on my cv or will give me better working skills)

The nursery is just a private nursery in central London
The environmental group runs greening and gardening projects in three London Bourghs and works in community gardens and schools (but I don’t know what exactly I’ll will be doing)

In fact for both options I have no idea what the Kobe will entail .

Please help
Original post by All-users-taken
I have the skills for both but I’m not sure which will benefit me in the long run (ie on my cv or will give me better working skills)
The environmental group runs greening and gardening projects in three London Bourghs and works in community gardens and schools (but I don’t know what exactly I’ll will be doing)
Please help

Personally I would see the environmental one as better.

Please help

Environmental one sounds more interesting! How many weeks do you have to do it for? :smile:
If you still want to volunteer at the nursery you might be able to help out in the summer holidays if you still want to try it.
Original post by Chronoscope
Environmental one sounds more interesting! How many weeks do you have to do it for? :smile:
If you still want to volunteer at the nursery you might be able to help out in the summer holidays if you still want to try it.

Thank you. I have to do it for just one working week ,but that is a good idea to take up nursey work,although I doubt they will as private schools have longer holidays than public
Original post by Hannahblossom
Personally I would see the environmental one as better.

Thank you , at there any particular reasons why? (Just cos it’s good to have more opinions )
Thank you , at there any particular reasons why? (Just cos it’s good to have more opinions )

Ppl will be impressed if you have done work experience with an environmental group bc of all the hype about environment/ climate change etc. It seems more like a nice volunteering but passionately interested in the world thing. Ofc you can still do the nursery - talk about how you love kids and helping and teaching and all the family, human stuff. It really depends what you do. Even if it it's a nice nursery ppl might not think it's the best thing to do work experience fir if you want to go on and do certain jobs. But then again, it depends what you want to do as a job - working with lids at a reputable firm in london would sound good to certain rmployers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending