The Student Room Group

gcse englist lit paper 1 2024 predictions

Hi! I do AQA for english and im doing A Christmas Carol, and Romeo and Juliet. Just wondering if anyone has any predictions on the questions??

(Ive heard about redemption for ACC and parental roles for R+J)
Original post by spowerr
Hi! I do AQA for english and im doing A Christmas Carol, and Romeo and Juliet. Just wondering if anyone has any predictions on the questions??
(Ive heard about redemption for ACC and parental roles for R+J)

I feel confident predicting that R+J probably won't ask about love since last year was Juliet's feelings for Romeo and the year before that, it was just that but switched around. My bolder guess and what I'm really hoping for, is a question about fate. It has never come up in the new spec and it is an absolutely massive theme.

For a Christmas Carol, I've heard from Mr Salles on youtube, that he thinks it will be about poverty. In my opinion though, the themes in a Christmas Carol are all very inter-linked and I could easily write a whole essay about redemption, in regards to Dickens' authorial message about poverty. Anyway, fingers crossed and good luck!
(edited 1 month ago)
R&J
Themes: Fate, Parenthood, death, violence, masculinity, honour and destiny
Characters: Mercutio, Tybalt, Friar Laurence, The Nurse

ACC
Theme: redemption, supernatural, isolation, regret, responsibility and social inequality
Characters: Marley, Ghosts, ignorance and want.

AIC
Themes: greed, social responsibility, social class, power and prejudice
Characters: Mrs Birling, Sheila, Inspector and Eva

Poetry: prelude, Storm on the Island, Poppies, Exposure and Tissues

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending