The Student Room Group

would you recommend all nighters?

have you ever pulled an all-nighter? was it helpful/would you recommend it? i'm not planning to take one the night right before my a level exam btw, just 2 days before or so
Original post by Anonymous594
have you ever pulled an all-nighter? was it helpful/would you recommend it? i'm not planning to take one the night right before my a level exam btw, just 2 days before or so

why would you pull an all-nighter?
Reply 2
Original post by emm4nuella
why would you pull an all-nighter?

? revision
(edited 2 months ago)
? revision

yes as you know this is not healthy :smile:!
Reply 4
Original post by emm4nuella
yes as you know this is not healthy :smile:!

I kinda disagree, it just depends on how well the person is able to retain the information but also handle their sleep the next day, but again it is A-levels 🤷🏽*♀️
Reply 5
? revision

100% no
Chances of retaining stuff this way are pretty low, you'll likely end up frustrated and rereading.

I only do this sort of thing for written work where it had a definite end point and I don't need to face an exam on it the next day, I can just submit it and peace out.

Hi there,

I would never advise an all-nigher within days of an exam. If you feel that you work better at night, then the weeks before makes sense, but I think that it's worse to be fatigued in an exam and less able to use logic, you could miss many marks. I also say this as an A-level tutor.

All the best,
Jaz- Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply