The Student Room Group

Cheap must see places in Malaga

hii I was wondering what places locals would recommend visiting in Malaga?
Malaga Cathedral. This stunning cathedral is a must-see. Construction began in the 16th century and wasn't completed until the 18th century, so you'll see a mix of architectural styles. The interior is especially impressive, with soaring ceilings and a beautiful stained glass window. There's a €6 entrance fee to explore the interior, but you can admire the facade for free.
Alcazaba. This imposing fortress was built by the Moors in the 11th century. It's a great place to wander around and learn about Malaga's history. There's a €5 entrance fee, but again, the views from outside the fortress are free and lovely.
Roman Theatre. Malaga's Roman Theatre is one of the oldest in Spain. It was built in the 1st century BC and is still used for performances today. You can explore the ruins for free.
Gibralfaro Castle. Located on Mount Gibralfaro, this castle offers stunning views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea. You can hike up to the castle for free, or take a cable car for a small fee. There's a €3 entrance fee to explore the castle itself.
Reply 2
Original post by GianaFarrell
Malaga Cathedral. This stunning cathedral is a must-see. Construction began in the 16th century and wasn't completed until the 18th century, so you'll see a mix of architectural styles. The interior is especially impressive, with soaring ceilings and a beautiful stained glass window. There's a €6 entrance fee to explore the interior, but you can admire the facade for free.
Alcazaba. This imposing fortress was built by the Moors in the 11th century. It's a great place to wander around and learn about Malaga's history. There's a €5 entrance fee, but again, the views from outside the fortress are free and lovely.
Roman Theatre. Malaga's Roman Theatre is one of the oldest in Spain. It was built in the 1st century BC and is still used for performances today. You can explore the ruins for free.
Gibralfaro Castle. Located on Mount Gibralfaro, this castle offers stunning views of the city and the Mediterranean Sea. You can hike up to the castle for free, or take a cable car for a small fee. There's a €3 entrance fee to explore the castle itself.

tysmm I'll make sure to add these places to my sightsee list! 🙂
please try the sight seeing bus, i did and it was really good!!
Reply 4
I will visit Malaga in June. I have never seen this beautiful city before. My friend sent me an invitation to visit him in Malaga. I am planning to pack my carry-on luggage and will have a nice vacation with my old friend. After that I will write about interesting places I visited.
(edited 1 week ago)

Quick Reply

Latest