The Student Room Group

English gcse help

I need help on english language edexcel. I don’t know how to write out my answers like as in I literally don’t have a structure to write them. For example Paper 1 question 4 and 5 how do you write them out like structurally. Does anyone have like an example essay or a default essay already written out and memorised before they go into the exam? How do you get a grade 9 in this??????

Also, for section b, its a transactional writing. They are probably asking to write like a newspaper article or to persuade someone or descriptive writing. I reallyyyyy need help with this. Like in terms of paragraphing, writing it in sections, mini planning before it, devices to use eg rhetorical question, anecdote and also do I need a introduction and how do i start it and how do i end it. Like does anyone have like a default essay they use before they write so when they go into the exams they just tweak it.

What is the whole process of writing out these things. Im struggling, help asap
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by anonymous7070
I need help on english language edexcel. I don’t know how to write out my answers like as in I literally don’t have a structure to write them. For example Paper 1 question 4 and 5 how do you write them out like structurally. Does anyone have like an example essay or a default essay already written out and memorised before they go into the exam? How do you get a grade 9 in this??????
Also, for section b, its a transactional writing. They are probably asking to write like a newspaper article or to persuade someone or descriptive writing. I reallyyyyy need help with this. Like in terms of paragraphing, writing it in sections, mini planning before it, devices to use eg rhetorical question, anecdote and also do I need a introduction and how do i start it and how do i end it. Like does anyone have like a default essay they use before they write so when they go into the exams they just tweak it.
What is the whole process of writing out these things. Im struggling, help asap

oh and for the transactional writing question I'd recommend watching How To Write The Perfect 'Transactional Writing' Essay For EDEXCEL GCSE English Language Paper 2! - YouTube that video, it helped me quite a lot with the structure of the writingg
Original post by llxxxlucyxxxll
do you have snapchat?? I'm doing my English gcse (edexcel) on the 23rd of may I can give you some tips as my mock results are pretty good, my snap is llxxlucyxxll, with question 4 I'd follow the p.e.e.d paragraph structure which stands for point, explain, evidence, develop. On the develop sentences you could explain the effect on the reader or link that point to another. I can also share my notes about language and structure and the creative writing task if you'd like, Goodluck for your exams! <3

Nooo i dont have snap :frown: but can i give u my email instead

suree!

Hi i have dmed u my email, im not sure if u got it
Original post by sqmayav
Not the op but I'm also going through a similar situation as I got the exam on Thursday 😭, if u don't mind, could I also add you on snap?

yes ofcc and goodluckk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending