The Student Room Group

how do I make friends/get invited to parties?

Hey guys!! So, recently i've become a lot more confident in myself and have gained pretty sound levels of self-esteem. This has led me to realising that I'm actually pretty ambiverted and that I want to hang out with more people as ,due to my previous shyness, I only have about two friends haha. Neither of which are into partying.

SO! how do I make more friends?? i.e. where do I go to meet new people? i've realised that most avoid me based on the fact that ive never really talked to many of my ex-peers (I mean those in my old secondary school, I am a first year a level student for referance) as they assume me to still be shy.

Because of this, ive never really been to a party or kissed anyone either :/ so it'd be cool to get to the point where that can happen too! so any advice on that would also be appreciated! I feel like im going insane rn bc im so bored hahaha. I just really don't want to turn 18 (September) without having experienced any of the "teen experience".

Thxx!!1
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys!! So, recently i've become a lot more confident in myself and have gained pretty sound levels of self-esteem. This has led me to realising that I'm actually pretty ambiverted and that I want to hang out with more people as ,due to my previous shyness, I only have about two friends haha. Neither of which are into partying.
SO! how do I make more friends?? i.e. where do I go to meet new people? i've realised that most avoid me based on the fact that ive never really talked to many of my ex-peers (I mean those in my old secondary school, I am a first year a level student for referance) as they assume me to still be shy.
Because of this, ive never really been to a party or kissed anyone either :/ so it'd be cool to get to the point where that can happen too! so any advice on that would also be appreciated! I feel like im going insane rn bc im so bored hahaha. I just really don't want to turn 18 (September) without having experienced any of the "teen experience".
Thxx!!1

Don't force yourself because you feel like you're missing out!! Trust me, I'm 16 and have lost my V-card. Yes, it's a really lovely experience when it's someone you love, but overall just really overrated. Don't rush things as important as this, because you could regret it in the future!

As for making friends, try going to any societies / clubs your school offers. If they don't have any, then I would advise you to go and talk to people whilst they're revising at break/lunch or in lessons. Just be like "oh hey what are you doing for your A levels" and go from there. If you find that difficult then maybe join a sports club / extracurricular club? I do boxing, and it's great for making friends :smile:

Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply