The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2024

Hi all,
Any predictions for what themes are most likely to come up in tomorrow's exam for Macbeth and Jekyll & Hyde ? I've been seeing a bunch of predictions and I'm utterly confused now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YMG1213
Hi all,
Any predictions for what themes are most likely to come up in tomorrow's exam for Macbeth and Jekyll & Hyde ? I've been seeing a bunch of predictions and I'm utterly confused now.

Hi idk if this is helpful but my head of English has been saying possibly the supernatural or kingship forMacbeth but I wouldn’t take this as a definite. I’m not sure about Jekyll and Hyde tho sorry!
Reply 2
Original post by popsjackson
Hi idk if this is helpful but my head of English has been saying possibly the supernatural or kingship forMacbeth but I wouldn’t take this as a definite. I’m not sure about Jekyll and Hyde tho sorry!
Oh okay! Thanks for the Macbeth predictions.
Original post by YMG1213
Oh okay! Thanks for the Macbeth predictions.
No problem! Do you know any Jekyll and Hyde predictions cos I can’t find any, dw if not
Original post by YMG1213
Hi all,

Jekyll and hyde probably related to science vs religion, utterson or lanyon 🙂 good luck
Reply 5
No problem! Do you know any Jekyll and Hyde predictions cos I can’t find any, dw if not

I've been coming across Utterson/something to do with Victorian gentlemen, science vs religion and duality/conflict of man for Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, it's so frustrating with Jekyll and Hyde cause there's nothing we can be sure about and so much to revise :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by StudyGirlGrammar
Jekyll and hyde probably related to science vs religion, utterson or lanyon 🙂 good luck

Oh okay, thank you!
Original post by YMG1213
I've been coming across Utterson/something to do with Victorian gentlemen, science vs religion and duality/conflict of man for Jekyll and Hyde. Honestly, it's so frustrating with Jekyll and Hyde cause there's nothing we can be sure about and so much to revise :frown:

Literally I’m so stressed because I’m realising how little I’ve done but thank you!
Original post by StudyGirlGrammar

Thankss
Reply 10

Thank you for this 👍️
Original post by YMG1213
Hi all,

apparently duality and dr jekyll
Original post by YMG1213
Hi all,

My prediction for Jekyll and hyde is fear and danger! Hope this helps
Original post by mrbutlerchapman

haha nice one 😆
Reply 14
Original post by mrbutlerchapman

Haha yes, the way it was completely different to what everyone was predicting earlier! 😂
Reply 15
Literally I’m so stressed because I’m realising how little I’ve done but thank you!

Lol, how did it go for you?
Original post by YMG1213
Haha yes, the way it was completely different to what everyone was predicting earlier! 😂

Sorry abt that!
Reply 17
Sorry abt that!

No worries! So many people were saying it, basically most of the predictions were wrong. 😂
Original post by YMG1213
Lol, how did it go for you?
I genuinely was so happy about Lady Macbeth because I know quite a lot about her. Atmosphere of fear and danger was alright I think I made valid points but I focussed more on the literal atmosphere then quotations describing the characters so I think my points could’ve been broader. I think it was well tho hbu
Reply 19
I genuinely was so happy about Lady Macbeth because I know quite a lot about her. Atmosphere of fear and danger was alright I think I made valid points but I focussed more on the literal atmosphere then quotations describing the characters so I think my points could’ve been broader. I think it was well tho hbu

Ikr the Macbeth question was great, although I would have preferred a theme question rather than a character one cause personally, it allows me to comment about several things. The Jekyll & Hyde one was pretty unexpected although I did make some relevant points from the extract and other moments in the novella. Hopefully things go well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending