The Student Room Group

alcohol

is it possible for someone to drink 6 pints of 10% beer without falling about or being in hospital or anything among them lines
Original post by ryandyson
is it possible for someone to drink 6 pints of 10% beer without falling about or being in hospital or anything among them lines

Where are you finding beer that has 10% alcohol volume? It's usually around 5%, or around 7% if it's really strong.

But to answer your question, is it possible to do this without ending up in hospital? Maybe... some people can drink inhumane amounts of alcohol but even then, they'd probably be very obviously drunk. But for the rest of us mere mortals, that is an unhealthy amount of alcohol and should be enough to put us out of service for the night and maybe cause a little trip to A&E. So best to not do it.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Where are you finding beer that has 10% alcohol volume? It's usually around 5%, or around 7% if it's really strong.
But to answer your question, is it possible to do this without ending up in hospital? Maybe... some people can drink inhumane amounts of alcohol but even then, they'd probably be very obviously drunk. But for the rest of us mere mortals, that is an unhealthy amount of alcohol and should be enough to put us out of service for the night and maybe cause a little trip to A&E. So best to not do it.

there a beer in b and m stores in uk could faxe extra strong beer that 10%
Unless you were a really hard drinker, or physically pretty big and took your time, no, I think hardly anyone would handle that without falling about.

Hospital - too many variables but you would more than likely throw up before that was needed.

Yes.

It will depend on the person, their tolerance, what they've ate etc, 10% is a pretty strong beer though
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
Yes.
It will depend on the person, their tolerance, what they've ate etc, 10% is a pretty strong beer though

According to the National Insitutes of Health, 6 pints of 10% beer translates to roughly the same level of alcohol to 16 pints of normal stranderd strength beer
[1]

As a social drinking youngster at a bachelor party, I once drank more than that of vodka and woke up perfectly healthy about three hours later. I do not recommend this, as i was and am a fairly heavy drinker but its indeed possible

Sure, but not for me. And for the most people too. That is a strong beer and a lot of volume. Hard to resist.

Quick Reply