The Student Room Group

Student finance calculator annual income

So i have been checking the governments annual income calculator, and I am confused what it is asking for when it says taxable income. Is this different to the regular income as if I put how much my parents make all together and before tax, I get pretty much nothing for my loan
Original post by PierceB_
So i have been checking the governments annual income calculator, and I am confused what it is asking for when it says taxable income. Is this different to the regular income as if I put how much my parents make all together and before tax, I get pretty much nothing for my loan

From the SFE website (https://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/include-household-income-in-your-student-finance-application/):

Your household income is the total amount your family earns each year before tax and National Insurance. Household income is usually based on earnings for the previous tax years (2022/23 if you're applying to study in 2024/25)

If your total household income is over around £60-65k, then you will be awarded the minimum maintenance loan and your parents are expected to make up the difference between the minimum and maximum loan amounts to support you through uni.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
From the SFE website (https://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/include-household-income-in-your-student-finance-application/):
Your household income is the total amount your family earns each year before tax and National Insurance. Household income is usually based on earnings for the previous tax years (2022/23 if you're applying to study in 2024/25)
If your total household income is over around £60-65k, then you will be awarded the minimum maintenance loan and your parents are expected to make up the difference between the minimum and maximum loan amounts to support you through uni.

Thank you! On the Government website they used ‘taxable income’ which I thought was something different to your whole income from work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending