The Student Room Group

Alevel sociology 2024 help !!!

I'm hearing that the 30 marker for paper 1 may be based on globalisation, can anyone help me in understanding what that would cover? As I've only been taught globalisation to be a short topic in the spec
Reply 1
Original post by mikiblack
I'm hearing that the 30 marker for paper 1 may be based on globalisation, can anyone help me in understanding what that would cover? As I've only been taught globalisation to be a short topic in the spec

9699?

Hii :smile:
Unfortunately the examiners do love globalisation while we quite dislike it as a whole.
The main points im focussing on when it comes to globalisation and edu are

The sharing of global cultural ideas within school (International world day, culture days in school)

International ranking comparisons (PISA as well as OFSTED)

The influence of globalisation on the curriculum (Global history/geograophy, diverse religious education, languages)

The integration of international students (Help with english as a second language)

A lot of people are also predicting that it might be combined with policy, so “how has globalisation influenced policy making” sorta thing, in which case it’s the same sorta thing but just use policies as evidence of your points (Reform act, national curriculum, free schools without national curriculum, etc).

It is a little difficult on theorists but i would definately look into postmodernists and the rise in diverse schooling as an influence of international education systems. As a critique i would look into the new right and education as they are very big on national curriculum and keeping the British values, something that globalisation threats.

I would definitely not stress about it too much, if you feel unprepared just remember to focus a lot on the things that you have experienced yourself in school, things that school do to promote diversity and inclusion often revolve around the rise in globalisation and the need to accommodate students of global cultures and are great as practical evidence of any point on the globalisation influnce of school.
Reply 3
Original post by Elouise.lilly
Hii :smile:
Unfortunately the examiners do love globalisation while we quite dislike it as a whole.
The main points im focussing on when it comes to globalisation and edu are

The sharing of global cultural ideas within school (International world day, culture days in school)

International ranking comparisons (PISA as well as OFSTED)

The influence of globalisation on the curriculum (Global history/geograophy, diverse religious education, languages)

The integration of international students (Help with english as a second language)

A lot of people are also predicting that it might be combined with policy, so “how has globalisation influenced policy making” sorta thing, in which case it’s the same sorta thing but just use policies as evidence of your points (Reform act, national curriculum, free schools without national curriculum, etc).
It is a little difficult on theorists but i would definately look into postmodernists and the rise in diverse schooling as an influence of international education systems. As a critique i would look into the new right and education as they are very big on national curriculum and keeping the British values, something that globalisation threats.
I would definitely not stress about it too much, if you feel unprepared just remember to focus a lot on the things that you have experienced yourself in school, things that school do to promote diversity and inclusion often revolve around the rise in globalisation and the need to accommodate students of global cultures and are great as practical evidence of any point on the globalisation influnce of school.
Omg thank you so muchhhh. I appreciate you a lot <333
my sociology teacher who is also usually an examiner for aqa, has said that it’s unlikely for globalisation to ever be a thirty marker due to how little content there is for it in the textbook - he said at most maybe a twenty marker 🙂 he also said not to worry too much if it does come up bc everyone will be struggling w the question, not just you alone!!
Reply 5
Original post by kerberder
my sociology teacher who is also usually an examiner for aqa, has said that it’s unlikely for globalisation to ever be a thirty marker due to how little content there is for it in the textbook - he said at most maybe a twenty marker 🙂 he also said not to worry too much if it does come up bc everyone will be struggling w the question, not just you alone!!
OOoo.. I see. Has he given any idea as to what he predicts for the 30 marker on education to be this year?
OOoo.. I see. Has he given any idea as to what he predicts for the 30 marker on education to be this year?

he has NOT sadly. we asked yesterday and he said he doesn't like predicting sadly ☹️ he's just very passionate abt globalisation not being on the exam as a 30 marker ig
Reply 7
Original post by kerberder
he has NOT sadly. we asked yesterday and he said he doesn't like predicting sadly ☹️ he's just very passionate abt globalisation not being on the exam as a 30 marker ig

Fair enough 😂 probably doesn't want to disappoint the class if it's wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending