The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Media Studies Paper 2 (8572/2) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your AQA GCSE Media Studies Paper 2 (8572/2) exam go today?

AQA GCSE Media Studies Paper 2 (8572/2) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam.
Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 20 May/ PM
Length: 1h30m

Good luck!
Click here to find exam discussions for other GCSE subjects
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Does any one have recommendation or suggestions for revision resources for Media Studies besides the text book?
Reply 2
Mrs Fisher on youtube has good information on everything, she doesn't waffle and as far as i'm aware she helped me secure a good grade
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 3
Original post by mushhr
Mrs Fisher on youtube has good information on everything, she doesn't waffle and as far as i'm aware she helped me secure a good grade

Thanks so much.
Seeing the pattern that they had with "let's keep newspapers on one paper and online social media on another" with paper 1 it's not going to be a surprise if they do both again on this paper

Also, the TV section would appear to have a higher chance to be Dr Who given that there has been a modern/modern/Dr who/modern/modern pattern with the shows. Remember to watch the shows again tonight everyone
This paper better be good 🥴
Reply 6
Original post by mariakharch
This paper better be good 🥴

I agree
How did it go, everyone? :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Great i think the questions were fairly nice - no newspaper - extract was rly nice bUT WHAT WAS THAT 12 MARKER ABOUT FANTASY LMAO
Original post by mariakharch
Great i think the questions were fairly nice - no newspaper - extract was rly nice bUT WHAT WAS THAT 12 MARKER ABOUT FANTASY LMAO

such a stupid question so random
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Good found it quite easy and nice paper
Reply 11
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

WHAT WAS THE 12 MARKER? and i'm absolutely baffled there were three 20 markers but overall good
Original post by unconscious
Seeing the pattern that they had with "let's keep newspapers on one paper and online social media on another" with paper 1 it's not going to be a surprise if they do both again on this paper
Also, the TV section would appear to have a higher chance to be Dr Who given that there has been a modern/modern/Dr who/modern/modern pattern with the shows. Remember to watch the shows again tonight everyone

whoops, looks like I made a wrong prediction for the TV screening 💀
Original post by SMDou
I agree

IT WAS!
Reply 14
Actually really ****ed there were three 20 markers and that one fantasy question annoyed me. For the clip, was everyone else’s really glitchy too?
Reply 15
Original post by Cara.65
Actually really ****ed there were three 20 markers and that one fantasy question annoyed me. For the clip, was everyone else’s really glitchy too?

It was glitchy and not loud enough to hear well
Reply 16
Original post by SMDou
It was glitchy and not loud enough to hear well

Ours was actually too loud but then again I was in seat C1 which was pure hell, I had to strain my poor neck to see cry but I'm dead annoyed at the three 20 markers and that 12 marker like wtf fantasy is so random

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending