The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

PGDE Secondary (University Of Aberdeen)

Hi! To anyone who has done the PGDE Secondary course: how far into the course do you start your full time placements? Are the first 18 weeks on campus, last 18 weeks on placements or is it mixed from the very start? Got a job offer and need to know when the placements will roughly start. Thank you!
I'm joining this year, and my understanding is that the placements are spread throughout - this is from what I've read and from what I have been told after speaking to people. I'd think first placement would be October-ish...
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! To anyone who has done the PGDE Secondary course: how far into the course do you start your full time placements? Are the first 18 weeks on campus, last 18 weeks on placements or is it mixed from the very start? Got a job offer and need to know when the placements will roughly start. Thank you!

Hi! UoA Rep Account here,

The School Experience Placements are throughout the course, with 10 weeks of them being in the first semester. YOu can find information on this and other aspects of the course here - https://www.abdn.ac.uk/education/documents/PGDE-2024-entry-secondary-information.pdf.

Dates are subject to change depending on calendar variations and Local Authority school holiday patterns so we do not have exact dates but if you have further questions the best place at the current time to sent them to would be the contacts near the bottom of that file.

I hope that helps you with your planning!

Adam - University of Aberdeen

Quick Reply