The Student Room Group

did anyone think their gcses went bad but come out with 7s, 8s and 9s?

pls i need reassurance. bc mine have been going not so good and i rly rly want mainly 8s and 9s a few 7s.
Original post by moonuh
pls i need reassurance. bc mine have been going not so good and i rly rly want mainly 8s and 9s a few 7s.

Hi Moonah! Last year I did my National 5 exams (Scottish qualifications that are similar to GCSEs), and after most of them I was sure that I had failed. However, when I got my results I was very shocked to see that I had gotten all As - it is definitely possible to misjudge how you did in an exam.

I think that the more you ruminate on your exams, the worse you will think you have done, so try to avoid thinking about the ones that you have already completed. Ultimately, even if you have judged your exams correctly, it’s ok to not do amazing in your exams and you can use it for motivation next year if you are continuing at school. After all, most employers and universities care a lot more about your more advanced qualifications like a levels than GSCEs if you choose to do them. For now, it’s best to focus the rest of your effort and time on revising for your upcoming exams as you can still do amazing in those!

Whatever results you get, I’m sure they will not be as big a deal as they seem now - good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending