The Student Room Group

Post Exam Blues

Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

So picture this. You're cramming madly for some exams, for weeks or months. Maybe you have your uni finals. Maybe you're a post grad and finally after years of work turn in your final thesis. Maybe you're a regular student and just finished your year end exams or GCSE.

After the exams are all over, I feel the post exam blues. I have a load of free time I don't know what to do with. I sometimes have lack of direction (if they are uni finals or A levels or major career exams and you dont know what to do next).

There is also the crash after all the late nights and intense study. The feeling of "now what?" All the adrenaline is gone.

Even when I would go clubbing for post exam party, I would feel it afterwards

Do you get post exam blues?

What do you do to beat the post exam blues? I am thinking to book a holiday after my next exams. I don't have the motivation to plan anything right away after, so I will book it all before the exam
I'm scared that will happen after my A-levels, but I do have plans on what I will do after my A-levels so I am hoping that it won't be too bad
Reply 2
I feel like my study procrastination will be planning something cool for after the exams
What I usually do before exams is make a huge list of what I really want to do after exams e.g. read certain books, video games, movies, travelling to different palces, cinema etc. Then after exams I have options and stuff I want to do :thumbsup:
Reply 4
Original post by Chronoscope
What I usually do before exams is make a huge list of what I really want to do after exams e.g. read certain books, video games, movies, travelling to different palces, cinema etc. Then after exams I have options and stuff I want to do :thumbsup:

yeah I think that would be great too. I think of studying like being in jail. all you can think of is the freedom when you get out and all the things you could be doing. but when you have the freedom it's not as good as you thought! 😂

Quick Reply