The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry Paper 1 GCSE 2024 (Friday 17th May)

Discuss exam here
Original post by graceke
Discuss exam here

@Pwca
What did everyone get for the last question. I got 9.25 but everyone got different answers
Reply 3
Original post by Shush2121
What did everyone get for the last question. I got 9.25 but everyone got different answers

thank you, I got 9.25 too :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by graceke
Discuss exam here
Easiest test oat
Reply 5
easiest test cl
cheeky grade 9 incoming
Reply 7
Original post by Liqht
thank you, I got 9.25 too :biggrin:
I got 9.25 too but idk why everyone is saying it is 7.35? Also for the paper chromatography, it is colourless so what do you do with it ?
Reply 8
Original post by Sumikko
I got 9.25 too but idk why everyone is saying it is 7.35? Also for the paper chromatography, it is colourless so what do you do with it ?

I put use a dye, even though I know it's wrong because it would change the distance moved but I didn't know, also some people subtracted 0.82 from 8.43 rather than adding it so everyone got very different answers, it's so confusing
Original post by Shush2121
What was the question ? Was it related to the graph?
Reply 10
Original post by Rachael Fox
What was the question ? Was it related to the graph?

nah it was the magnesium carbonate / limiting reagent question, like 0.82g of magnesium carbonate was left after the reaction, 0.2mol of HCl is limiting, that one
Original post by Liqht
I put use a dye, even though I know it's wrong because it would change the distance moved but I didn't know, also some people subtracted 0.82 from 8.43 rather than adding it so everyone got very different answers, it's so confusing

Though wouldn't putting a dye colour the water so the colourless spots show up then? against for say a red background
Reply 12
Original post by expl0rer
Though wouldn't putting a dye colour the water so the colourless spots show up then? against for say a red background

yeah, like it would make the spots obvious but on bbc bitesize (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zgt6b82/revision/3 I know it's OCR 21st Century, but the concept is, I'm assuming, the same) it says to use a "locating agent", now I didn't get taught that or anything, so they might allow dye, but I'm not 100% sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending