The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Sutton Trust Summer School Durham Uni

ive been accepted into the sutton trust summer school for durham uni, and im just wondering if anyone else has?? Going for archaeology, but im from Birmingham and ive honestly never been to Durham or anywhere near it, so not to sure what to expect. Is anyone else going??
Original post by Anonymous
ive been accepted into the sutton trust summer school for durham uni, and im just wondering if anyone else has?? Going for archaeology, but im from Birmingham and ive honestly never been to Durham or anywhere near it, so not to sure what to expect. Is anyone else going??

My daughter applied Sutton trust last year, she wasn’t accepted into the full program as didn’t satisfy all criteria but was accepted onto the online Sutton trust program, the help she got towards her application and personal statement was superb, I can only imagine how helpful a residential will be, she applied and has been given a great offer to study archaeology at Durham starting September, having been to the offer holders day recently I can assure you the city is great, nice and compact and the staff and students are super friendly and helpful, I’m sure you will have a great time, good luck
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hya, I’m haven’t gone to the Sutton trust summer school but I’ve been to Durham uni a few times and have accepted their offer for ancient history archaeology. It’s definitely a unique place, the cathedral and river make it look almost fantastical to those used to a completely urban environment. You have to either use the bus or park and ride into the city centre, so you can take that time to get used to your surroundings.
My experience with the archaeology department was really good since the staff were just so enthusiastic and the students were eager to talk of their experiences on the course. Congrats on getting onto the summer school! It’s a brilliant way to build up your experiences and get great advice for your application.

i’ve been accepted onto the sutton trust one for law at durham but i don’t live far and have been to durham before. It’s quite a small city and it’s quite pretty as well and tbf the people are mostly dead nice.
i’ve been accepted onto the sutton trust one for law at durham but i don’t live far and have been to durham before. It’s quite a small city and it’s quite pretty as well and tbf the people are mostly dead nice.

me too! durham law summer school as well

Quick Reply