The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 Engineering Unit 3

Has anyone received the Part A or Part B for the May 2024 exam yet, what is the brief about & what needs fixing for the product ?
Reply 1
Regarding the Work Platform - Part B ?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
What was everyone's design for the work platform on activity 2 ?
Reply 3
Original post by Habz456
What was everyone's design for the work platform on activity 2 ?

I will be adding components such as a step, guard railing and altering the wheels… could also change the top to something that is a non-slip surface but there are other things you could do. I’m just practicing drawing tonight for when I answer the questions again tomorrow morning.
Reply 4
what ideas did you draw for activity 3, because it said it the platform needs to have 2 side pannels aswell, so all my ideas that i printed on the paper for the exam, have gone out the window
Reply 5
If you search Hopstar mini work platform it’s like that, instead of the legs you can have the solid side panels like the one on the exam paper
Original post by Habz456
what ideas did you draw for activity 3, because it said it the platform needs to have 2 side pannels aswell, so all my ideas that i printed on the paper for the exam, have gone out the window

what were the problems that were given I really need it my exam is tommorow 😭?
Reply 7
Original post by needhelpforrj
what were the problems that were given I really need it my exam is tommorow 😭?

Honestly I can’t remember it fully either lol but it was difficult for the user to get on / off the platform. It was unstable I think and unsafe to use in general.
Reply 8
Honestly I can’t remember it fully either lol but it was difficult for the user to get on / off the platform. It was unstable I think and unsafe to use in general.

yh, its unstable, too high for the technician to step onto, no safety for the technician, therefore the technician can slip/fall off etc.

Quick Reply