The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Eng Lit paper 1

Just done my AQA GCSE Eng Lit paper 1 exam today. It was very chaotic. So in the exam, I wrote 4 pages on Macbeth and 0 on Jekyll and Hyde.

I have literally been procrastinating on this subject for the whole year - our school does this GCSE in y10.

I was really struggling as they hadn't told us how to pick out quotes, how much and which ones and also how to revise for this subject in general as it's different. I did however figure out how to do it later on but I felt really overwhelmed and didn't really want to start.
So, for Macbeth a made a huge amount (it was wayy to much and I even picked out the mirror ones stupidly) of flashcards very long ago but didn't have time to revise and review them. For Jekyll and Hyde, I had not revised at all - last night, I literally just watched very quick summary videos and didn't even have time to pick out quotes to revise.

The exam...
I feel like I have done okay for Macbeth - I was really rushed so didn't analyse the question properly, didn't get time to make a quick plan and although I understood the response structure, I just forgot to stick to it consistently so its not structured as well as it could've been, I had about two good ideas for the question but literally forgot them.

My plan for Jekyll and Hyde was to atleast talk about the extract and anything that I could remember for my response.

For some reason, I literally didn't follow through with this idea. I feel really worried but also I'm trying not to stress too much about it as it is all I seem to do.

For my mock β€” which was not long ago β€” I got a 6 in Macbeth (I was shocked) and didn't write for Jekyll and hyde so got a U for that which meant the overall grade for this paper was 3-.

My expected grade for this subject is 5. Although I know I haven't done well at all on this paper, if I do some sufficient revision this week for next Monday's paper 2, will it be possible to get that grade?

Thank you for reading. πŸ“™ 😒 πŸ•œ
Original post by Unknown123Unkn..
Just done my AQA GCSE Eng Lit paper 1 exam today. It was very chaotic. So in the exam, I wrote 4 pages on Macbeth and 0 on Jekyll and Hyde.
I have literally been procrastinating on this subject for the whole year - our school does this GCSE in y10.
I was really struggling as they hadn't told us how to pick out quotes, how much and which ones and also how to revise for this subject in general as it's different. I did however figure out how to do it later on but I felt really overwhelmed and didn't really want to start.
So, for Macbeth a made a huge amount (it was wayy to much and I even picked out the mirror ones stupidly) of flashcards very long ago but didn't have time to revise and review them. For Jekyll and Hyde, I had not revised at all - last night, I literally just watched very quick summary videos and didn't even have time to pick out quotes to revise.
The exam...
I feel like I have done okay for Macbeth - I was really rushed so didn't analyse the question properly, didn't get time to make a quick plan and although I understood the response structure, I just forgot to stick to it consistently so its not structured as well as it could've been, I had about two good ideas for the question but literally forgot them.
My plan for Jekyll and Hyde was to atleast talk about the extract and anything that I could remember for my response.
For some reason, I literally didn't follow through with this idea. I feel really worried but also I'm trying not to stress too much about it as it is all I seem to do.
For my mock β€” which was not long ago β€” I got a 6 in Macbeth (I was shocked) and didn't write for Jekyll and hyde so got a U for that which meant the overall grade for this paper was 3-.
My expected grade for this subject is 5. Although I know I haven't done well at all on this paper, if I do some sufficient revision this week for next Monday's paper 2, will it be possible to get that grade?
Thank you for reading. πŸ“™ 😒 πŸ•œ

possible to pass if you do well on paper 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending