The Student Room Group

Job Prospects after a Conversion degree

Hi,
I wanted to know if my job prospects are good enough with a conversion degree accredited by BPS. Like, i know i'll have to get a PhD in order to be a Chartered Psychologist, but i need some work experience before that. as an immigrant student, it's my concern if the work that i'll land, with the conversion degree is enough ?
Original post by itsjill
Hi,
I wanted to know if my job prospects are good enough with a conversion degree accredited by BPS. Like, i know i'll have to get a PhD in order to be a Chartered Psychologist, but i need some work experience before that. as an immigrant student, it's my concern if the work that i'll land, with the conversion degree is enough ?

You don't have to do a PhD to become a chartered psychology. You have to do a doctorate, but it's not a PhD - for clinical psychology, the doctorate is a DClinPsy, for example.

But yes, your conversion degree plus suitable experience should be enough to get you into a doctorate. Be aware though, the route is not straightforward and that you'll probably need to be gathering work experience for a few years before attempting the doctorate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending