The Student Room Group

Physical Geography NEA - Primary Data Methods

Hey guys,
I am thinking of making my A level Edexcel geography based on either the carbon cycle or water cycle, but was wondering what types of primary data can I collect? I have been told by my teachers that the best NEAs have about 8+ primary data methods. What types of primary data methods would I be able to use for Water / carbon cycle?
Reply 1
Original post by Techwizard500
Hey guys,
I am thinking of making my A level Edexcel geography based on either the carbon cycle or water cycle, but was wondering what types of primary data can I collect? I have been told by my teachers that the best NEAs have about 8+ primary data methods. What types of primary data methods would I be able to use for Water / carbon cycle?
First of all, you do not need 8+ primary data method in order to do amazing in your NEA.
Do keep in mind that there is not a specific number of methods you need to carry out, the only important thing is to have a range of primary and secondary data. For example 3 primary data methods and 3 secondary data sources is sufficient to do well (Im speaking from experience).

The answer to your question depends on your enquiry question but generally speaking, primary methods include calculating carbon content in trees, calculating water volume or water quality, precipitation levels etc. All of these are possible. The method you need to carry entirely depends on your question. As soon as you form your question, do your research on how to carry out your investigation and maybe ask your teacher to help
Good Luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending