The Student Room Group

Do I need to prove my English proficiency level if I studied in the British system?

I am a Spanish national and I have always lived in Spain. However, I have completed the entirety of my education in British International schools. I've done year 6 cambridge exams, year 9 cambridge exams, IGCSEs and I'm currently working on my International A Level exams.

My question is, do I still need to prove my proficiency in English since I'm not from an English-speaking country, or is my education in the british system enough?
Original post by sneaky-oppressor
I am a Spanish national and I have always lived in Spain. However, I have completed the entirety of my education in British International schools. I've done year 6 cambridge exams, year 9 cambridge exams, IGCSEs and I'm currently working on my International A Level exams.

My question is, do I still need to prove my proficiency in English since I'm not from an English-speaking country, or is my education in the british system enough?

You may need to. You need to look at the English language requirements for each of your universities. It’s possible that they will accept English iGCSE or they may require something else.
You may need to. You need to look at the English language requirements for each of your universities. It’s possible that they will accept English iGCSE or they may require something else.

okay, thank you
i did English as a First Language IGCSE with cambridge so I hope they'll accept that but i'll have a look
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply