The Student Room Group

eng lit 1 paper

i got some of my context wrong for my acc question where i wanted to link beveridge's 5 evils to ignorance and want but i mentioned edwin chadwick's sanitary reports and got them mixed up saying the readers would pick this up, would i get marked down for this? moreover i dont remember if i did wrote some of the acts and scenes correctly. im overthinking a lot rn and im worried
Reply 1
Original post by za3ma
i got some of my context wrong for my acc question where i wanted to link beveridge's 5 evils to ignorance and want but i mentioned edwin chadwick's sanitary reports and got them mixed up saying the readers would pick this up, would i get marked down for this? moreover i dont remember if i did wrote some of the acts and scenes correctly. im overthinking a lot rn and im worried

You won't get marked down for context. You simply won't pick up much AO3 context marks because the context is wrong or not relevant to question. But remember context is only 6 marks, so as long as everything else was fine (24/30 is a grade 8. you might get 1 or 2 marks tho
Reply 2
Original post by revision52
You won't get marked down for context. You simply won't pick up much AO3 context marks because the context is wrong or not relevant to question. But remember context is only 6 marks, so as long as everything else was fine (24/30 is a grade 8. you might get 1 or 2 marks tho
I added other contexts such as dickens’ working when he was a child and poor laws so that should be enough right?
Reply 3
Original post by za3ma
I added other contexts such as dickens’ working when he was a child and poor laws so that should be enough right?

you will certainly pick up some marks, as long as the context you put in was relevant to question and explained sophisticatedly

Quick Reply