The Student Room Group

iPad/tablet or pen and paper notes?

Going to do bio chem maths for a level and have the option of either one. I’m used to pen and paper and don’t think I would mind carrying on with it for a level but I’ve heard that using an iPad or something could be better for organisation and stuff

Which one seems to be more convenient?
Reply 1
I dont do STEM subjects, but for notes I usually find making them on a laptop/ipad easier as its easy to organise, easy to find and easy to transport, however for revision I make flashcards by hand as I feel the physical process of writing things out helps commit it to memory and I have a more concrete idea of how much I've done. Both have pros and cons and I don't do your subjects, but these are my thoughts :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Phoenix06
I dont do STEM subjects, but for notes I usually find making them on a laptop/ipad easier as its easy to organise, easy to find and easy to transport, however for revision I make flashcards by hand as I feel the physical process of writing things out helps commit it to memory and I have a more concrete idea of how much I've done. Both have pros and cons and I don't do your subjects, but these are my thoughts :smile:

To be honest that makes sense and I think that’s probably one of the better ways of going about it
Original post by Dentipreneur
Going to do bio chem maths for a level and have the option of either one. I’m used to pen and paper and don’t think I would mind carrying on with it for a level but I’ve heard that using an iPad or something could be better for organisation and stuff
Which one seems to be more convenient?

Paper notes tend to be easier to commit to memory, plus the reduced eye strain is never a negative

Quick Reply