The Student Room Group

PFF2 Section 6 Q1 - Income for the year

So I'm guessing "income for the year" means the income of the child, but does it mean pre-tax or post-tax income? Also, which year?
Original post by YasinHussain
So I'm guessing "income for the year" means the income of the child, but does it mean pre-tax or post-tax income? Also, which year?

Hi Yasin, it's the amount before tax. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Yasin, it's the amount before tax. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, which year is it for? Thanks.
Hi Jason, which year is it for? Thanks.

Hi there,

You should provide the child dependant’s income for the academic year. The academic year is determined by when the student begins their study.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
You should provide the child dependant’s income for the academic year. The academic year is determined by when the student begins their study.
Thanks,
Claire

Hi, so in this case you mean 24/25, but how am I meant to predict my child's income? Am I just meant to take their income from the previous year and assume it'll stay the same? I really don't understand. Thanks in advance.
Hi, so in this case you mean 24/25, but how am I meant to predict my child's income? Am I just meant to take their income from the previous year and assume it'll stay the same? I really don't understand. Thanks in advance.

if the student starts in 24/25 then yes it will be the 24/25 academic year. Depending on what the income is, if you know this isn't expected to change, then yes use the same figure as last year.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Yasin,

What income is it they receive?

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply