The Student Room Group

History Help

I'm a history teacher. Exam boards IGCSE Pearson and CAIE International A-Level. I can help with technique questions and the following topics:
Nazi Germany
Fascist Italy
Soviet Russia
Cold War
Modern China
Modern Britain
Tudors
American and British Politics
2 effects of the prague spring?
Original post by sderby3fghui
2 effects of the prague spring?

If this is for the IGCSE tomorrow it probably be two effects that Prague Spring had on superpower relations:

1) One effect was that the crack down had a short-term negative impact on relations. The USA (and Nato allies) diplomatically condemned the Soviets through the UN and their embassies.
2) A second effect is that Prague Spring confirmed (similar to Hungary in 1956) that the USA was not prepared to intervene in Eastern Europe and therefore threaten WWIII. This meant that relations in the late 1960s continued to improve during the so-called "Thaw" which led to Detente in the early '70s.

You'd have to expand both a little especially the first effect. They could throw one like this at you because it's not an easy one.
Who are the key people to remember for Nazi Germany? (I only know Hitler and Goebbels) And do you know anywhere I can find a decent Nazi Germany timeline by any chance?
Goering - Luftwaffe and Plenipotentiary of the Four Year Plan (economy)
Rohm - SA (murdered 1934)
Himmler - SS
Heydrich - SS
Bormann - Head of Chancellery (office where all the laws were issued)
Speer - Head of the Economy from 1943
Schacht - Head of the economy from 1933-37ish (overlap with Goering)
Reply 5
I do AQA Alevel Tudors and Nazi German. I have only ever sat 1 mock in year 12 because I’ve been absent due to hosp admission most of the year and now I’m struggling since I have no notes, flash cards and haven’t memorised facts and had not a lot of essay or extract practice so I’m panicking because I don’t even know what level I’m at rn
Original post by A_dz05
I do AQA Alevel Tudors and Nazi German. I have only ever sat 1 mock in year 12 because I’ve been absent due to hosp admission most of the year and now I’m struggling since I have no notes, flash cards and haven’t memorised facts and had not a lot of essay or extract practice so I’m panicking because I don’t even know what level I’m at rn

When's your exam? If you don't know much, I'd get a hold of your scheme of work and start reading your textbooks. You're teacher should have given you a scheme of work from the exam board or maybe he/she wrote one.
Reply 7
I’ve read the textbook but it’s really long and I don’t know what to memorise and what not to. I’m also worried because i haven’t done a lot of practice with exam questions so I’m really scared
Reply 8
Original post by McKerrow_History
When's your exam? If you don't know much, I'd get a hold of your scheme of work and start reading your textbooks. You're teacher should have given you a scheme of work from the exam board or maybe he/she wrote one.

I’ve read the textbook but it’s really long as it’s a breadth study so I don’t know what to memorise or how to. I’m also not sure how to write an exam essay as I haven’t been given examples of what a level 5 Tudor essay looks like, even on the AQA commentary it only has those that are level 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending