The Student Room Group

Regression Table Simple Analysis

Hi - I'm struggling with interpreting this simple regression table. I'm looking at past papers but I have no markscheme.

Table 2 compares the attributes of a sample of Bulgarian online activists to the attributes of the wider Bulgarian Facebook population. The dependent variable is coded 1 if the respondent belongs to the activist sample and 0 if they belong to the representative Facebook sample.

1 Interpret the associations in the regression table below between a) university education (1 = university, 0 = below university), b) age (continuous, measured in years), c) being male (male = 1, other = 0), and belonging to the activist versus the representative sample.
2 What is the personality profile of Bulgarian environmental activists compared to the representative sample of Bulgarian Facebook users?
3 Are Bulgarian online activists MORE OR LESS socially connected, and MORE OR LESS likely to engage in electoral and non-electoral forms of politics than ordinary Bulgarian Facebook users?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by velaris08
Hi - I'm struggling with interpreting this simple regression table. I'm looking at past papers but I have no markscheme.
Table 2 compares the attributes of a sample of Bulgarian online activists to the attributes of the wider Bulgarian Facebook population. The dependent variable is coded 1 if the respondent belongs to the activist sample and 0 if they belong to the representative Facebook sample.
1 Interpret the associations in the regression table below between a) university education (1 = university, 0 = below university), b) age (continuous, measured in years), c) being male (male = 1, other = 0), and belonging to the activist versus the representative sample.
2 What is the personality profile of Bulgarian environmental activists compared to the representative sample of Bulgarian Facebook users?
3 Are Bulgarian online activists MORE OR LESS socially connected, and MORE OR LESS likely to engage in electoral and non-electoral forms of politics than ordinary Bulgarian Facebook users?

Cant google the original question. Could you upload a pic of it?

Quick Reply

Latest