The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Will I be accepted by Birmingham if I missed out by one point in ib math ?

I'm currently an ib student hoping to study business management at university of Birmingham this September but I'm worried I won't meet the requirement grades for math. My requirement for Birmingham is 32points and 17 points for high level subjects and grade 5 for math. due to the leaks that is happening in ib final exams, the grade boundaries might be higher for math and the requirement for math is 5 but I am not sure if I will get 5 or not, I’m worried that I will get a 4 . as I really struggled in gaining high marks in math and if the grade boundary gets higher than there is a high chance I might miss my requirement grade for math.
Would Birmingham accept me if I miss out by one grade only in math? I think I can met all other requirements which is 32 points and 17 in high level subjects, the only requirement that I might not meet is grade 5 for math which I perhaps will get a 4.
Nobody knows. You'll likely still be considered. I'd recommend just focusing on your studies for now. You can worry about all these things later.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Quick Reply