The Student Room Group

English language

Hello all,
I have got my 1st english language GSCE on the 23rd May and 2nd on the 6th June (not sure on the second date). I have no idea what the best way to revise. Anyone got any tips for this.
Original post by Teresa C
Hello all,
I have got my 1st english language GSCE on the 23rd May and 2nd on the 6th June (not sure on the second date). I have no idea what the best way to revise. Anyone got any tips for this.

Hi,
For english language you're probably best off just using past papers to practice and then asking your teacher to mark them. Also you might find searching about context such as why are particular text is made and what the target audiences are can really help you when you're trying to annotate the text during your practice sessions.
Also for creative writing you'll want to make a quick plan before you start just to make sure you know what you're writing about and just try and implement a good story structure - dont start at the beginning though as almost always in a book the beginning is boring, you can flash back to it later in your writing
Good Luck you'll do great :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by malik.frxyaa
Hi,
For english language you're probably best off just using past papers to practice and then asking your teacher to mark them. Also you might find searching about context such as why are particular text is made and what the target audiences are can really help you when you're trying to annotate the text during your practice sessions.
Also for creative writing you'll want to make a quick plan before you start just to make sure you know what you're writing about and just try and implement a good story structure - dont start at the beginning though as almost always in a book the beginning is boring, you can flash back to it later in your writing
Good Luck you'll do great :smile:

thank you
Hello all,

Are u doing the of mice and men?
Use bitesize or GCSE pod that will help
good luck x
Reply 4
Hello all,

Hi! I recommend finding practice papers and either writing out full answers or planning out a full response so you can do it quickly. Also for the creative writing you can remember a couple interesting punctuation choices or language techniques so if its not your strong point you still get marks for complexity :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending