The Student Room Group

How do i structure Psychology flashcards? (As-Level, AQA)

Hi guys! I'm a first year and i'm just formulating some flaschards to save myself some time for next year, but i dont actually know HOW to structure them...
I'm specfically struggling with the evaluation points as flashcards, and saw someone saying you should use one page of the textbook as one evaluation point into a flashcard, so i'm wondering how i could structure that :biggrin:
Original post by 3uddha
Hi guys! I'm a first year and i'm just formulating some flaschards to save myself some time for next year, but i dont actually know HOW to structure them...
I'm specfically struggling with the evaluation points as flashcards, and saw someone saying you should use one page of the textbook as one evaluation point into a flashcard, so i'm wondering how i could structure that :biggrin:

i made evaluation flashcards, i picked my 3 favourite evaulation points that i was more likely to recall and am able to create a consistent arguement (eg oppose each other or link to one another). I then write my main point first, then how it fits the theory/elaborates on the main point, the evidence for these from findings simplified, then how it affects the theory (linking back to the question/thoery): under this i put my other 2 points structured the same. then if there are other brief points i can add on i just do a small sentence of it on there as a prompt. If you have the "psychology A level year 1 and AS" book 5th edition it structures the point the same as i put them on my flashcards.

this is all about condensing the information to be really short and consice but still make sense that i can properly expand in the exam, to form the evaluation.
Original post by solothechicken
i made evaluation flashcards, i picked my 3 favourite evaulation points that i was more likely to recall and am able to create a consistent arguement (eg oppose each other or link to one another). I then write my main point first, then how it fits the theory/elaborates on the main point, the evidence for these from findings simplified, then how it affects the theory (linking back to the question/thoery): under this i put my other 2 points structured the same. then if there are other brief points i can add on i just do a small sentence of it on there as a prompt. If you have the "psychology A level year 1 and AS" book 5th edition it structures the point the same as i put them on my flashcards.
this is all about condensing the information to be really short and consice but still make sense that i can properly expand in the exam, to form the evaluation.
the photo is a evaluation point in these books
the title is the point, the large board writting is the elaboration on the title, the normal text is the evidence and the slightly bold is the link back to the theory.
I will just condense these down to a statement for each of the bold writing but 2 sentences for the evaluation (some are linger than others)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending