The Student Room Group

Chance at getting into Glasgow uni?

I have just done my higher exams, however I know that I have messed up so badly on maths, I think I've got a B or maybe even a C. In my other highers that I've currently sat (accounting, physics, English) I think they have gone relatively well, maybe a B in accounting, and I have computing science in a week.

I am planning on taking advanced highers in mathematics, physics, computing science and a higher in business management. I am unsure though if Glasgow uni take into consideration my higher result, especially since a lot of personal reasons led to me performing poorly the day of the exam. Is there still a chance if I can get into Glasgow for a maths/finance related degree?
Reply 1
Original post by DZ007
I have just done my higher exams, however I know that I have messed up so badly on maths, I think I've got a B or maybe even a C. In my other highers that I've currently sat (accounting, physics, English) I think they have gone relatively well, maybe a B in accounting, and I have computing science in a week.
I am planning on taking advanced highers in mathematics, physics, computing science and a higher in business management. I am unsure though if Glasgow uni take into consideration my higher result, especially since a lot of personal reasons led to me performing poorly the day of the exam. Is there still a chance if I can get into Glasgow for a maths/finance related degree?

first is that you don't know what you got in the exam so have some faith and you might end up doing well. A quote from there website for 2025 entry to bsc math "BBBB is the minimum requirement from S5 to be reviewed for an S6 offer".
Speaking from what I remember when looking at BSc maths at Glasgow they will only consider your application if u meet minimum in s5, there is always other uni's as well. Next have u spoken to your school about this they be able to give you good advice in terms of personal reasons affecting exam performance and what can be done

Quick Reply