The Student Room Group

Special support loan backdating

Hi,

SFE has emailed me asking to provide evidence of eligibility for the student support loan, but I don't currently claim benefits. If I apply and am approved for PIP by the 9 month deadline, and then upload proof of eligibility, will I receive backdated payment of the SSL if they approve?

My mum has received DLA for me in the past, but the applications were made with my deadname, which I now legally don't use, but would I be able to upload that as additional evidence if needs be?
Original post by Jvbittt
Hi,
SFE has emailed me asking to provide evidence of eligibility for the student support loan, but I don't currently claim benefits. If I apply and am approved for PIP by the 9 month deadline, and then upload proof of eligibility, will I receive backdated payment of the SSL if they approve?
My mum has received DLA for me in the past, but the applications were made with my deadname, which I now legally don't use, but would I be able to upload that as additional evidence if needs be?

Hi there, yes, if you're eligible for this then any monies owed to you would be backdated once it's processed and you can upload this via your online account. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending