The Student Room Group

Math, Computer science and Bio OR Math, Computer science and Physics

I have decided on Math and Computer for my A Level since I will be studying Computer science in uni but I need advice on the third subject. Should I choose Physics or Biology?
You can probably get into Maths and Computer Science with either choices since they usually prefer Maths and another science, although Physics would be the better choice because it's usually preferred for Maths related degrees. It really depends which subject you enjoy more and believe you will do better in. However, have you considered Further Maths? I think in general Further Maths is more preferred for Maths or Computer Science degrees, even more than Computer Science A-Level.
Reply 2
I'd highly recommend you take further maths if you want to do CS at uni

particularly if you;re looking at russell group and oxbridge, FM will be far more helpful than either of bio or physics
Original post by haifa_zee
I have decided on Math and Computer for my A Level since I will be studying Computer science in uni but I need advice on the third subject. Should I choose Physics or Biology?

i'd reccomend physics over bio HOWEVER, pick whatever you enjoy most. i do physics, maths, fm and cs and i regret not picking something i genuinely enjoy. i think further is a good choice but if it's not for you then probably physics

Quick Reply