The Student Room Group

Surrey vs Oxford Brookes for Adult Nursing

I’m not sure whether I should choose Surrey or Oxford Brookes for Adult Nursing and I need to decide soon. Does anyone know which university is better overall for Nursing? or have any advice?
Reply 1
By Surrey did you mean Uni of Surrey? I have applied to them and heard back and I do like them. It depends on what you're looking for in a Uni, but since you're looking for overall you can check it out in the rankings and the 2 websites I've seen Surrey was Top 20 consistently. You can also search questions about each uni if you have anymore specific ones from previous posts or even in their own forums in Student Room.
Reply 2
Original post by student0702
I’m not sure whether I should choose Surrey or Oxford Brookes for Adult Nursing and I need to decide soon. Does anyone know which university is better overall for Nursing? or have any advice?

By Top 20 at least Surrey is that high on regard to Adult Nursing specifically
Reply 3
At the end of the day it doesn't matter what university you go to for a nursing degree okay. The main thing for you is that you actually qualify at the end of the three years of your degree. NMC is only interested in you having completed a accredited degree course for you to be registered as a nurse.

You choose what one is best for yourself and then look forward to starting your lovely journey as a student nurse and then becoming a qualified nurse at the end.

Good luck with your nursing degree 👍 👍

A NHS registered midwife

Hi!
I would agree with Tracey that the degree being accredited is most important, but apart from that I’d say it’s a very personal decision which everyone would view differently. Considering factors like travel, accommodation, cost of living, and the overall vibe of the uni and city is what I’d advise. Researching those factors will hopefully help you make a decision and make your university experience the best for you.
Good luck with it!
-Noor, Biomedical Science 😄

Hi there, I am an adult nurse at Surrey. Surrey has the best simulation suite from all of the universities. Not only do we have manikins which talk, move, have a heart beat, pulse etc. The university at Surrey also has its own actors who are amazing. Definitely come to Surrey!
Reply 6

Hi!

I am currently a second year nursing student at Brookes. I absolutely love the uni they are very supportive and the placement areas a great. They is a nursing society if that is something you are looking for.

As others have said chose which one suits you best. But good luck in your nursing with which ever uni you chose im sure you will make the right choice for you and love every minute of it.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply