The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-level Media Studies Component 1 (A680U10-1) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by immogenh
i am praying that tide comes up

and superhuman
for newspapers are we meant to have revised any other newspaper articles issues other than the 2 front covers and the 1 double page because like a week ago my media teachers told me we also had to revise 2 separate print copies from TDM and TT as well but i literally cant find anything on that in terms or revision so idek anymore
Original post by 0sam0999
for newspapers are we meant to have revised any other newspaper articles issues other than the 2 front covers and the 1 double page because like a week ago my media teachers told me we also had to revise 2 separate print copies from TDM and TT as well but i literally cant find anything on that in terms or revision so idek anymore

for section a we need to know the times and daily mirror front covers and double page spread (daily mirror online) like you mentioned.
for section b we need to know the newspaper print (full thing) for both newspapers that should have been given to you by your teachers. i could share this with you but each school chooses a different copy. the one i study is october 21st 2022 for both the times and the daily mirror. this will come up in the industry and audience section and you will also be expected to have knowledge of the websites. if you are unable to find it in your schools resources you need to go and ask your teacher tomorrow first thing.
hope that helped
Thank you! our teacher showed us a random newspaper from the two companies in like one lesson and never covered it again which is annoying. Yesterday, i got two newspapers which i picked up myself so they haven’t been given to me by the school but is it still okay if i use them? Or do I have to use the ones given by the school since they only showed us it like once a year ago.
Wow exam is in 3 minutes
So… how we feeling guys? 🙏🙏
Original post by evaspahia
ngl i was really thrown off by formation/the other mainstream music videos appearing as i wasn't expecting that at all, but it wasn't too bad. messed up timing a bit as i didn't finish the final 10 marker ☹️ gorgeous questions for industry though!!
Did anyone else struggle with the super humans question or just my class?
Original post by Char10tt3__
Did anyone else struggle with the super humans question or just my class?

im honestly not sure if what i wrote was right 🥲 but i wrote about the different kinds of audiences channel 4 aimed to attract as my teachers taught us; relatively young target audience (16-34), fans of sport, reformers (psychographic) and channel 4 viewers and then discussed how aspects of the advert itself and the marketing around it (e.g. tiktok) helped to attract their target audience. i think i was quite lucky because my teacher taught us that section quite well
Original post by ziemustdie
im honestly not sure if what i wrote was right 🥲 but i wrote about the different kinds of audiences channel 4 aimed to attract as my teachers taught us; relatively young target audience (16-34), fans of sport, reformers (psychographic) and channel 4 viewers and then discussed how aspects of the advert itself and the marketing around it (e.g. tiktok) helped to attract their target audience. i think i was quite lucky because my teacher taught us that section quite well
Ah lucky, we had never covered audience for it😭
Original post by Char10tt3__
Ah lucky, we had never covered audience for it😭

im sorry about that - if it helps i've seen loads of people saying they missed it out entirely so try not to worry too much
Guys, very weird thing happened to my cousin. For context the old lady and young lady are 2 different examiners, before you watch the video your given an exam question right, for him the young lady had given him the exam question before the exam had started which is the correct thing to do. The old lady came along and took the exam question away from them saying "Oh no you made a mistake you shouldn't have given them the question beforehand" which was obviously incorrect. So all in all they had to analyse the video without seeing the question. The teacher was informed of this mistake by the examiner and was told he will have a discussion with the head of the college. What do you think will happen?
Original post by hotwingchilli
Guys, very weird thing happened to my cousin. For context the old lady and young lady are 2 different examiners, before you watch the video your given an exam question right, for him the young lady had given him the exam question before the exam had started which is the correct thing to do. The old lady came along and took the exam question away from them saying "Oh no you made a mistake you shouldn't have given them the question beforehand" which was obviously incorrect. So all in all they had to analyse the video without seeing the question. The teacher was informed of this mistake by the examiner and was told he will have a discussion with the head of the college. What do you think will happen?

usually when this happens the college applied for 'extenuating circumstances' and the examiners will be aware of this for everyone who has taken the paper in the college. so typical though istg media examiners never know what they're doing.
(edited 1 month ago)
did anyone else feel like there were too many questions in section b? maybe i did my timings wrong but i didnt fully finish the last question on hyhgp.
Original post by emelianiloufar
usually when this happens the college applied for 'extenuating circumstances' and the examiners will be aware of this for everyone who has taken the paper in the college. so typical though istg media examiners never know what they're doing.

Wus that mean, extra marks?? 😍
bro formation was last papers question why the hell did it show up again
Original post by mizzi0607
bro formation was last papers question why the hell did it show up again

eduquas r getting lazy lol the exact same q for i daniel blake also came up a few yrs ago
Original post by ziemustdie
ngl i was really thrown off by formation/the other mainstream music videos appearing as i wasn't expecting that at all, but it wasn't too bad. messed up timing a bit as i didn't finish the final 10 marker ☹️ gorgeous questions for industry though!!
i also ran out of time which has never happened before and also didn’t finish the final 10 marker lol
Original post by evaspahia

Pain. Ran out of time for the final question, wrote like 2 points and included Clay Shirky’s theory and that’s all I had time for. I was so tight on time for the last three questions that my answers just weren’t the best.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by immogenh
i also ran out of time which has never happened before and also didn’t finish the final 10 marker lol
Samee 😞

Quick Reply