The Student Room Group

Eduqas A-level Media Studies Component 1 (A680U10-1) - 20th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
how i feel ab the exam
. sort of struggled with the music vid comparison i felt like they were quite hard to find specific similarities and differences between. feel like my points made no sense but oh well
. so glad the only newspaper question that came up didnt rlly need any knowledge of the set texts that we learnt
. section b questions for the most part were great i loved all the film questions
. ran out of time so I only got 1 paragraph for the 2nd last question and 2 rlly short paragraphs for the last queestion
. i saw someone talking about that superhuman question and it was defo hard but i spoke about repetition and difference with Neale and used the shocking/controversial imagery of bursting blisters and bruises forming as an example?? idk if that would be a valid answer tho lol
Original post by emelianiloufar
eduquas r getting lazy lol the exact same q for i daniel blake also came up a few yrs ago

that's what i thought but it was how economic contexts affect the film *industry*, and not like production or distribution which threw me off
Original post by 0sam0999
how i feel ab the exam
. sort of struggled with the music vid comparison i felt like they were quite hard to find specific similarities and differences between. feel like my points made no sense but oh well
. so glad the only newspaper question that came up didnt rlly need any knowledge of the set texts that we learnt
. section b questions for the most part were great i loved all the film questions
. ran out of time so I only got 1 paragraph for the 2nd last question and 2 rlly short paragraphs for the last queestion
. i saw someone talking about that superhuman question and it was defo hard but i spoke about repetition and difference with Neale and used the shocking/controversial imagery of bursting blisters and bruises forming as an example?? idk if that would be a valid answer tho lol
i did the same for the super human question, but i know the exam board can be so fussy about the difference between the words 'attract' 'target' or 'appeal to' even though there's hardly any difference so i'm kinda worried abt that
Original post by fleurdelys
that's what i thought but it was how economic contexts affect the film *industry*, and not like production or distribution which threw me off

yeah i think they were subtly hinting at curran and seaton’s theory with that one - created more patterns of diverse and adventurous productions in the film industry and subverts the idea of a lack of creativity quality and variety in the industry ect
how i feel ab the exam

literally the same for everything here - what was the question for superhuman if you remember?
Original post by fleurdelys
i did the same for the super human question, but i know the exam board can be so fussy about the difference between the words 'attract' 'target' or 'appeal to' even though there's hardly any difference so i'm kinda worried abt that

wait really? my teacher told us they’re all the same thing 😭
Original post by immogenh
i am praying that tide comes up
So did I
how i feel ab the exam

Omg no the music video was so bad I only wrote a paragraph literally couldn’t compare it
Original post by citutfrf
surely its basically impossible for riptide or formation to come up as a 30 marker since they already have?
am i right in assuming this. is there any point in revising representation for these.
if so they could only come up in media language and i feel this is very unlikely

aged well...
Original post by emelianiloufar
literally the same for everything here - what was the question for superhuman if you remember?

"How does Superhumans attract audiences" - i predicted this question, got lucky and had an answer ready prepared :smile:
Original post by charlies4864
"How does Superhumans attract audiences" - i predicted this question, got lucky and had an answer ready prepared :smile:

Same, with section B pretty much everything that came up hadn't before so managed to predict most of it
Formation threw me off so much but managed find some comparisons so was a good question

Quick Reply