The Student Room Group

TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities - Thirteenth Session

:woo: TSR Study Together - STEM vs Humanities :woo:

Session Thirteen - 14th May 2024
Welcome to the thirteenth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep: You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:

This week the exams are properly underway so I'm sure you're all swamped with preparing! Let everyone know what you’re working on and tell us how you're feeling

Good luck all! :badger:

Spoiler

tiger.123456
x
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi all! I’m going to be doing a bit of biology catch up as I missed some stuff, I’ll watch some freesciencelessons and go through the teacher PowerPoint and the textbook! If I have time I will also go through what we learned last lesson as I don’t remember much! My Year 12 mocks are all over so I have been chilling a bit, but I have to come back sometime 😂
hey there, working on a geometry assignment about surface area and volume of different kinds of 3d shapes (a unit which i am starting to rlly loathe)
no exams, took them in april, but i am feeling a little bit worried about the end of the year workload lol
Original post by Pwca

Welcome to the thirteenth session of TSR Study Together STEM vs Humanities! This is a social and supportive place to study alongside other students and keep yourself motivated :yep: You can find more info on how it works here and it’s open to everyone! :dance:
This week the exams are properly underway so I'm sure you're all swamped with preparing! Let everyone know what you’re working on and tell us how you're feeling

Spoiler

Revising for an exam, feeling anxious ngl
Reply 4
Hi everyone :smile: I’ll be continuing with some biology revision as the exam is tomorrow!
Plan:

Genetic engineering✅

Producing new cells✅

Control and communication✅

Food production✅

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Hello everyone! Hope that the exams today went okay, remember that trying your best is always enough and we'll all be proud of you no matter what! I have my first alevel on Friday and I'm slightly scared but feeling generally okay 🙂

I've done 3 hours and 45 minutes of revision so far today and just finished doing some paper 1 English stuff, so I'm going to take a quick break now and then I'll be back to do the following tasks:

My 10 mins revision sessions (approaches, chapter 4 Gatsby and chapter 4 Tudors today!)

Do a psychopathology 8 marker I didn't get around to doing on a past paper last week as I ran out of time

Research methods exam questions

Hope you're all doing okay! Remember to look after yourselves ❤️
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

currently working on biopsychology 16 markers :biggrin:!
Howdy everyone !
So I’m just popping in to say I hope u all have good sessions and exams are going okay so far! I’ve been working on my coursework most of the dayso just going to finish off the q im on and then chill but I will catch up with you soon sending a lot of positive and productive vibes😁
working on some maths! paper 1 is on Thursday 😅
Looks like you're preparing for the same paper, @emm4nuella and @kayleigh_t.27!

Glad to hear things aren't quite as hectic for you both, @MysteryyyGirl86 and @raindropxox - hopefully you'll be able to offer some support to your fellow students who are in the thick of it :biggrin:

Good luck for tomorrow, @wkstudy! How was your Spanish speaking? What exam are you preparing for, @Raptor Jesus?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hey everyone :smile:

I'm going to work on some Social Influence and Memory past paper questions in preparation for my Psychology exam this Friday :biggrin:
Original post by Pwca
Looks like you're preparing for the same paper, @emm4nuella and @kayleigh_t.27! Did you both sit the psychology exam last week?
Glad to hear things aren't quite as hectic for you both, @MysteryyyGirl86 and @raindropxox - hopefully you'll be able to offer some support to your fellow students who are in the thick of it :biggrin:
Good luck for tomorrow, @wkstudy! How was your Spanish speaking? What exam are you preparing for, @Raptor Jesus?

my advice is basically to just trust your gut when you're unsure of something, don't beat yourself up if you miss some questions, everything will work out just fine in the end, just do your best and good luck :smile:
Original post by Summer_Academiq
Hey everyone :smile:
I'm going to work on some Social Influence and Memory past paper questions in preparation for my Psychology exam this Friday :biggrin:

slayyyyy @Summer_Academiq i literally just switched to memory rn by making last-minute post-it notes - inspired by @kayleigh_t.27 for the stuff i dont know!
Hi everyone!! hope any exams today went well!
I'm starting off with some biology paper 1 revision, then I'm going to do some Paper 1 English quotations and Paper 2 Atonement key moments revision! I'm also going to find some time to do a bit of creative writing this evening!
my exams haven't started yet but feel scarily close, I'm trying to be as upbeat as possible but I'm really sad about sixth form finishing!
Original post by Pwca
Looks like you're preparing for the same paper, @emm4nuella and @kayleigh_t.27!

Spanish went really well, thank you!
Reply 15
Original post by Pwca

Spoiler

Swamped with Econ this week!
Hey bit late here. Good luck to anyone in y11 or y13 with their exams. Gonna revise some memory theories and studys tonight to begin prep for mocks in a few weeks
I'm a bit late lol
I'll probably revise physical geography as I have my A-level paper on it on Thursday :frown:
Good luck to everyone sitting exams this week. Don't forget we have exam discussions for A-level subjects and also for GCSE subjects - these are really helpful for decompressing afterwards with others who sat the same exam as you! For anyone feeling stressed, just remember how hard you've worked to give yourself the best chance possible. In a few weeks it'll all be over with!
Hello everyone I've been studying maths during this time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending