The Student Room Group

"Error replying to thread, please try again!" Can't reply to threads

Whenever I write my reply to somebody in a thread and then click reply, it comes up with "Error replying to thread, please try again!". I try again and it still doesn't work. I've tried across different devices and on the app and the same error message comes up. What can I do to fix this?

By the way please note that as a result of this issue I will most likely be unable to reply to any questions you may have.
Original post by YasinHussain
Whenever I write my reply to somebody in a thread and then click reply, it comes up with "Error replying to thread, please try again!". I try again and it still doesn't work. I've tried across different devices and on the app and the same error message comes up. What can I do to fix this?
By the way please note that as a result of this issue I will most likely be unable to reply to any questions you may have.

Hi. Thank you for reporting this. I'm sorry you have been having trouble replying. Other users have reported problems replying too and out engineering team is looking into the issue.

If possible could you try logging into TSR from a private/incognito web browser please and see if you can post from there? It may be a problem with the web browser cookies. If replying from a private browser does work then could you clear the cookies in any other web browsers please and see if that fixes the problem?

If that doesn't work can you please send me private message and I'll look into this further for you. To PM me you can click on my user avatar picture and click Message from the web site.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 2
Hi, it turns out that incognito actually does work, thank you so much for helping me fix this issue.
Original post by YasinHussain
Hi, it turns out that incognito actually does work, thank you so much for helping me fix this issue.

You're welcome and I'm glad it works. Again, I'm very sorry that you had problems replying. We are working on fixing the issue that we think caused this.
The issue that caused this should be resolved now, so I'll move this to done! If you experience it again please raise a new ticket, or email [email protected] if you're unable to post :smile: